Soft Open of Moana prior to AP/DVC previews?

robinb

DIS veteran
I’ll be at WDW this next week into the week after. We’ll miss the previews by a couple of days. Is there a possible that they may have a soft open a few days ahead of the previews, or do those happen (if at all) after previews?

I’ll be at WDW this next week into the week after. We’ll miss the previews by a couple of days. Is there a possible that they may have a soft open a few days ahead of the previews, or do those happen (if at all) after previews?
No way to know, really. They have been doing CM previews, and it may depend on whether they have any issues they need to iron out ahead of the AP/DVC previews. They likely won’t announce it. It will just be a case of being in the right place at the right time. In the past, there have been some times where they have done it, and some cases where they did not.

I have a similar question really... do we know of any way to see JoW in this phase without being a pass holder? We're here for two weeks, and will be a bit gutted to miss it.

I have a similar question really... do we know of any way to see JoW in this phase without being a pass holder? We're here for two weeks, and will be a bit gutted to miss it.
Unfortunately no but if you’re going for 2 weeks does it make sense to upgrade to an AP?

I hoping for a soft opening between the end of previews and the official opening. We arrive 2 days after the previews end and leave 4 days before it opens. If not, there is always next year.

I don’t recall reports of soft openings in the last few years attractions so I say no.

Nope. Maybe keep in mind when you’re sad- it’s just a walking path. Literally it’s just going to be extra steps on a step filled Epcot day so at least your feet are happy it isn’t open yet 😉

Welp, it appears that WDW *is* doing a soft opening, starting today. And I'm now home. I wish that my vacation had started a week later and I would have been there for the Soarin' Over California and Moana. *sigh*

I did get to ride CGI Soarin' with a small group of people at the end of Deluxe Extra Hours on Monday night. We were the last riders of the night and didn't even fill the "B" section. No bent Eiffel Tower! That was cool.

Last edited:
Welp, it appears that WDW *is* doing a soft opening, starting tomorrow. And I'm now home. I wish that my vacation had started a week later and I would have been there for the Soarin' Over California and Moana. *sigh*

I did get to ride CGI Soarin' with a small group of people at the end of Deluxe Extra Hours on Monday night. We were the last riders of the night and didn't even fill the "B" section. No bent Eiffel Tower! That was cool.

Where did you see they’re doing a soft opening?

Well maybe there is a chance for a soft opening when we’re there then! We’ll be at Epcot on the 14th and were a little bummed that we would just miss it.

It's not open to everyone. The fine print at the bottom of the VQ says: "An eligible Annual Pass and park reservation for EPCOT is required to attend the preview"
Right so not a soft opening. Just the AP previews that were previously announced.

Well maybe there is a chance for a soft opening when we’re there then! We’ll be at Epcot on the 14th and were a little bummed that we would just miss it.
Hoping the same thing as we miss the AP/DVC events and it opens 2 days after we leave.

will be there 14 and 15. leaving on 16. Disappointed
Soft opening only for AP / DVC then too?
Hoping to be lucky to see it.
How does it work since it's a walking attraction?
Lines up outside the attractions?
I'm assuming it's one direction. Do people linger?
Wondering how traffic and congestion it will cause in that area.

An unannounced soft opening to APs only is exactly what they did with Fantasmic when it first came back!

Best Fantasmic I ever saw, got the push notification day of. I think it was the second night they did it, there couldn’t have been more than 300 people including all the CMs who came in after shift!

It's not open to everyone. The fine print at the bottom of the VQ says: "An eligible Annual Pass and park reservation for EPCOT is required to attend the preview"
Thanks for noticing that. Missed that. Updated my post.

Appreciate your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter