Soft Grey Paint Color

This. Lighting really changes what it looks like in a room.

We get samples and paint large squares in multiple areas. Even then, we have had missteps where things didn't work out. The worst was our upstairs hallway that is lit by edison bulbs at night and natural light in the day. Finding a color that worked in both lighting conditions was awful.

So very very true. I love gray but wanted to try a greige and did Revere Pewter in my livingroom, and omg it looked like baby poo, sort of a light med greenish brown. I realize it was bc the room faces south and room too warm toned with that lighting. I ended up repainting it a gray from Ben Moore, don't remember color, and it looks beautiful tho it does have a very slight blue undertone certain times, but I love it anyway. I still love Revere Pewter in the right room and lighting, just helped my niece paint it in her bedroom and it is just gorgeous, came out exact color I was looking for in my livingroom. Just has to be the right lighting and room. I have used Ben Moore Classic Gray and that is also pretty but does have a very slight warmth to it.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone! The space I'm painting is the top half of a window-less fairly small bathroom. The bottom half has white wainscoting. I've got some great ideas to stop the vicious cycle of trying all the grays!

Agreeable Gray is a popular choice for a basic, neutral, matches everything, offensive-to-no-one paint color. We saw about 782 Agreeable Gray-painted homes while searching for a new house. It’s the new beige.
We just painted our master bed/bath this color. It's light, doesn't have green undertones and I love it!!

If you can get to a Home Depot - look at Behr paint samples and the color is called Dolphin. I just painted our spare room that color and its soft and light and I really love it.

I don't have gray (yet) because I did try one in a washroom but didn't care for the gray color. I definitely intend to try again and I will look into Agreeable Gray. I love that it's the new neutral.

My daughter just bought a new home and her Baird & Warner realtor kept telling her that all her very many realtor associates are saying that everyone selling their home is advised to use Sherwin Williams Alpaca. This is being told to all their clients.
My house is painted Alpaca and I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter