Soft COTTON sheets like they used to be!

I know this thread is a couple of weeks old, but I finally found all-cotton sheets I like, and it was an effort. I bought and returned (without using) Pottery Barn cotton percale sheets. We actually went out of our way to go to a store so I could touch them in person and they felt fine to me, so I ordered them. The thing is, the store had only white sheets and I ordered gray ones. The gray felt nothing like the white. They went back.

I used to get all my sheets from Ikea, but they stopped making all-cotton sheets in a higher thread count, so I tried some other fabric (modal? maybe?) and couldn't stand how it felt.

Sent for swatches from Boll & Branch. Could not believe how rough they were . . . and the price!!!

Finally tried out Brooklinen, and although yes, they're kind of expensive, but they are really nice and even after only one washing seem pretty soft to me. Of course they're not as soft as sheets that've been washed 100 times, but they're also not scratchy or rough and I assume they'll get better with more washings.

The sheets I got from them are the cotton percale, not the sateen. I don't like shiny sheets.

I only like percale cotton sheets, and they often have a relatively low thread count, actually. I like Target ones now, Threshold and Opalhouse.

We used to like our Brooklinen sheets but we got a new mattress which is thinner on an adjustable base. Now the sheets are a nightmare. There is way too much extra sheet and they fall off the mattress. We currently using some from a company called OneBed. They stay on the bed but they are only so so.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a bottom sheet that will actually stay on the bed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter