• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sofia the First AM wait times

mggeary

DIS Veteran
What time do we need to get in line to have a less than 10 min wait. Her first meet is 9:30am. If we're early through gates, can we do TSMM, Woody/Buzz, then Sofia, or should we skip Woody?

In August we were in line for Sofia about 15-20 minutes before her opening time and we were about the 10th family in line. We arrived, got a FP for TSM and had a quick breakfast and got on line. By the time we got to the front the line had grown significantly.

On Wednesday we got in line at 9:22 and got into meet her at 10:00 (we were the last family before her first break). I would recommend skipping Buzz & Woody. They start meeting right at 9:00 and their line was 60 minutes almost immediately at park opening (probably because people jumped into their line right after getting a TSM FP since the SB wait for TSM was already an hour as well).

On Wednesday we got in line at 9:22 and got into meet her at 10:00 (we were the last family before her first break). I would recommend skipping Buzz & Woody. They start meeting right at 9:00 and their line was 60 minutes almost immediately at park opening (probably because people jumped into their line right after getting a TSM FP since the SB wait for TSM was already an hour as well).

We were there on Friday and experienced much the same. Skip Woody/Buzz, head straight to the Sofia line at park open if this is important to you. Once they start running the PlayHouse Disney show, you will have several hundred people emptying out of the theater next to Sofia and Jake every 50 minutes. The lines get long and fast! I don't think the first PlayHouse Disney show is until 9:30, so if you're in line at park open you should be ok. TSM fastpasses were gone by 9:45 on Friday. We headed straight there, rode, grabbed fastpasses after we rode it and our return was out to 5:45-6:15. Park closed at 6. So fps are essential for TSM unless you want to wait an hour minimum for the ride at any other point of the day. Even at 5:45, wait times were still posted at 70 minutes.

I would do woody and buzz right away. I June we never got to see them because the wait was always 90 minutes. I never wait more than 15 minutes or so for the Playhouse Disney characters although I have not done the Sofia one yet and may be more popular but I doubt 90 minutes.

We plan to be at the park at 8:15 and near the front of the line. If we ride TSMM then go right to Sofia by around 9:15am, we should have a short wait, correct? If not someone in our party (ie me) will skip TSM, get FPs for TSM, and line hold for Sofia. Hoping this isn't necessary, thoughts?

We were there the beginning of the month. Did rope drop, got FP for TSM, walked on TSM, got some pastries at Starring Roles. Got in line for Sofia at 9:15, were the 3rd family in line. Then we went to get in line for Mike and Sulley, we were 2nd in line. Rode TSM again and headed to EPCOT by 10:30.

What about the later after noon greet... I think around 2? What have people experienced around that time?

When we were there a few weeks ago, Sophia's line seemed to be consistently long all day. DD(7) insisted on seeing her, so we waited about 40-45 minutes for her in the morning. We were told that is pretty typical for her as she is hugely popular right now and her line is often an hour or more. That was the shortest we saw the line all day- judging from the looks of the line compared to what we waited, I would say the line was at least an hour or more most of the times we were in the area that day. It was the first time we had ever had to wait more than 15 minutes for a Disney Jr. character. Unfortunately, we did not get there before she came out for the first time in the morning as I didn't realize how long her line typically was (even Jake had a short line when we saw him the year he first started meeting and greeting and I knew he was really popular then) or that she would be a must see for DD (old enough to be over most of the Disney Jr. stuff) so I can't say how early to be there before she first comes out. I will say, that would be the time to meet her. We got in line while a DisneyJr. show was going on and the line was still long. You definitely don't want to get there when a DisneyJr. show lets out because that is when the line gets huge.

Geez, I didn't even think about wait times for Sofia when we planned our HS days...I guess I just figured they wouldn't be that bad. Better plan this out.

I seriously wish they would just put Sofia and Doc at the Hollywood & Vine character meals. I made a lunch reservation @ 180 days out for Dec 9 with the hopes that the characters would change by then.

She also stops meeting fairly early in the day (4:30 for a 7:30 close when we were there last week) so I think that contributes to the length of her line.

H&V seems to be more of a meal geared toward boys...all of the characters are boys except for June from the Little Einsteins. I wouldn't expect both Sofia and Doc to replace two of the characters...maybe one will replace June eventually, but I can't see the meal being so heavy on the girly stuff.

H&V seems to be more of a meal geared toward boys...all of the characters are boys except for June from the Little Einsteins. I wouldn't expect both Sofia and Doc to replace two of the characters...maybe one will replace June eventually, but I can't see the meal being so heavy on the girly stuff.

I didn't even think about this, good point. I guess I just thought that they would eventually put the top Disney Junior characters in the rotation... Jake, Sofia and Doc. My DD is 7, so she is starting to get a little 'old' for Disney Junior, but those are the only shows she watches on that channel.

Either way, we won't be giving up our reservation because of all the wonderful character experiences I have heard about there.

I didn't even think about this, good point. I guess I just thought that they would eventually put the top Disney Junior characters in the rotation... Jake, Sofia and Doc. My DD is 7, so she is starting to get a little 'old' for Disney Junior, but those are the only shows she watches on that channel.

Either way, we won't be giving up our reservation because of all the wonderful character experiences I have heard about there.

Yeah, I thought the same. I think Doc, Sofia, Jake are the top characters now, in terms of shows actually in production. I also think Doc is pretty gender neutral.

I've read on the Dis that Sofia will not be at H&V because her skirts are too big to maneuver around the restaurant.

I would bet money that if/when Doc McStuffins gets to DHS, she'll be at H&V. (And I'm going to have to eat breakfast there because I'd love to meet Doc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter