Soarin

You could also ask to sit in the center (B1?). The visuals seem to slant a bit if you're sitting on the edges, which might add to any discomfort.

I get very motion sick; cars, planes, spiny rides- even looking at spiny rides makes me ill.

I can handle coasters though, as long as they don't go backwards for long. Everest's backwards part luckily is short, but it does make me queasy for a second.

I take ginger pills in the AM and it helps me on rides. I do have to close my eyes a couple times on Soarin, but it does not make me queasy when my eyes are closed.

Im not overly sensitive to motion sickness. Yet Soarin' makes me a tad bit nauseous. FOP is a nightmare for me. It makes me quite ill. Never again. Another bad one is star tours.

My husband has severe motion sickness. He rides soarin every trip and never has a problem. I agree the worst part would be the take off... just close your eyes and you should be fine. It's a great ride.
BTW, he does get motion sickness of Flight of Passage. He now closes his eyes on that one anytime we are flying around on the banshee and then I poke him when we are sitting still or just gliding around so he can open his eyes and enjoy. It seems to work for him.

I take a over the counter motion pill an hour before the 1st ride & I am good for the day on all the Disney rides. I never used to have any problems with any types of rides, but noticed as I got older I started having issues.

Unfortunately it doesn't work as well for me on more intense roller coasters so I can only do 2-3 rides at Busch Gardens (and no spinny stuff) before I am done for the day.

Im not overly sensitive to motion sickness. Yet Soarin' makes me a tad bit nauseous. FOP is a nightmare for me. It makes me quite ill. Never again. Another bad one is star tours.

Agree on Star Tours--that one just kills me. Not sure why FoP and Soarin' don't.

I have never rode any rides in my life because the simple turtle ride canMake me sick. And I easily get car sick but I am taking my first Disney trip in nov , and really want to experience soarin will this ride cause motion sickness or can u just close ur eyes? If it does cause sickness is it worth being sick for ?
I use a Bonine pill to go on Soarin' and yes, it's a good ride and worth it. You can always close your eyes also.

This is going to sound goofy. But I find if I use the child restaint, it gets my stomach less. It's just a loop that the seat belt can go through.

I never get sick on Soarin'. The cars rock very little, so if you close your eyes you will probably be fine. Although it sometimes feels like I might slide off LOL!

Thanks everyone I am going to try and be brave enough to try this ride first in the morning hats when I usually feel the best I’ll close my eyes at start then open :) I greatly appreciate all these comments and it helped

I get motion sick very easily. Coasters and most screen simulators make me deathly ill. Yet for some reason soarin’ doesn’t. I love it. But obviously that doesn’t mean you’ll react the same way.
I have motion sickness to the point where I cant read in a car or on a bus or ride any roller coasters or simulator rides, and I have never had a problem with Soarin. I love it.

Same here! Soarin is fun and no problem for me!

I avoided Soarin' for YEARS because of my fear of motion sickness. I am very easily sickened on most rides these days. Heck, watching some of my son's X-Box games will induce motion sickness.

Anyway, last year, I was determined to ride FoP (not so much Soarin'). I just decided to get on the ride and close my eyes if it got to a point that I knew my motion sickness would be triggered. I'll be honest, out of fear, I closed my eyes a lot but I ended up doing fine. So I rode FoP again, eyes fully open, never had an issue.

So when our Epcot day came, I knew I was ready for Soarin'. Well, I never had a problem so I rode it twice.

I think you should try it and just be prepared to close your eyes whenever you need to, to see how it goes.

I had to quote you and tell you that I too get motion sickness from just watching my daughter and son play some of their games, Sonic, Mario Kart.

Thanks everyone I am going to try and be brave enough to try this ride first in the morning hats when I usually feel the best I’ll close my eyes at start then open :) I greatly appreciate all these comments and it helped

Sounds like a good plan!

I cannot read or watch a screen in a car or on an airplane. I get a severe migraine and pretty nauseous.
Star Tours is awful for me. If I get on with one of the kids, I have to close my eyes the whole time.

But Soarin is no problem for me! Maybe because the chair move a little or maybe because the entire view moves, I don't know. But it's my favorite ride so I'm glad I can do it!

Soarin was a big issue for me...full blown panic attack on it the last time I rode it :laughing: . I think it's because of my feet being off the ground. Needless to say I will be sitting out during our trip next month. I have done Star Tours without issue and am hoping that I will be able to handle FOP.

Not so funny story....

Yesterday I decided to watch one of those Tim Tracker vlogs. It was about his trip to MK during the last week of June and to take a look at Tron progress. Part of that week's vlog was to get on the Barnstormer. OMG, I got SO nauseous watching it that I had to go lay down for 30 minutes and almost ruined by dinner out with my parents (I would have no issues riding Barnstormer, I'm sure, although some coasters do induce nausea for me).

But somehow, I can do Soarin'.

Ask for center section. Some scenes like the Eiffel Tower can be distorted from side. Also request lowest row your first time

I skip most simulator rides as they give me motion issues. I can do and love Soarin though. It doesn't bother me the way most of these do and is a favorite ride of mine. Also, as a precaution in cars or planes when I want to read, on cruises, and on any amusement park rides, I wear the wrist bands for motion sickness (pressure point help) that you can buy at Walgreens for $11. These help me a lot. I keep a pair in my purse. We had bumpy skies flying thru storms last week and I used them on the plane.

Here's a link in case you are interested: https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/w...89ef&msclkid=6fefdfa0bb01106bc6838280681527af

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter