Soarin wait times at rope drop??

melbatoast

Dis Fan
We want to walk over and do Soarin at rope drop before heading to AK for our FP's. Anyone know what a usual wait time is at rope drop? I need to know what time to book our FP's at AK and have to account for how long the line/ride takes and transportation to AK etc. Thanks in advance?

If you arrive at the right time, you'll be fine. But the "right time" would be like an hour before park open. I arrived about 30 minutes before one time and I didn't even make it. The lines to get in the park we're so long already and by the time I got to Soarin', it was already at about 40 minutes. It could've just been a weird day though...

If you arrive an hour before rope drop, you'll be okay I think and Soarin' should be 10-15 minutes max.

We would be coming in the International Gateway which usually doesn't have much of a line unless that's changed. The front entrance of Epcot is usually a madhouse!!!

If you arrive at the right time, you'll be fine. But the "right time" would be like an hour before park open. I arrived about 30 minutes before one time and I didn't even make it. The lines to get in the park we're so long already and by the time I got to Soarin', it was already at about 40 minutes. It could've just been a weird day though...

If you arrive an hour before rope drop, you'll be okay I think and Soarin' should be 10-15 minutes max.
If not rushing off to AK then, would there still be a point to doing rope drop and getting there 60 min early to avoid 40 min in line?

Yeah getting there 60 min early isn't going to happen, lol. If that's what it takes we will skip it. So we would have to wait behind the rope an hour, then run to the ride in order for there to be a short wait?

We would be coming in the International Gateway which usually doesn't have much of a line unless that's changed. The front entrance of Epcot is usually a madhouse!!!
I mean, you may be okay 30 minutes before if you come in through the International Gateway. But it all depends on other factors. Time of year, whether it's a weekend or not, etc.

My experience has been that Soarin seems to have lower wait times for the first hour of park open. I've used the strategy of heading to Test Track first for rope drop and then walk over to Soarin. Didn't wait longer than 15 minutes when I did that. Since they added the 3rd theatre, the wait times have dropped.

Never had a problem with Soarin at RD,its simpe - get there asap and you get on quickly. Test Track now thats a different story!

Yeah getting there 60 min early isn't going to happen, lol. If that's what it takes we will skip it. So we would have to wait behind the rope an hour, then run to the ride in order for there to be a short wait?

If you want an alternate strategy, we waited about 10 minutes at around 8 pm during our last visit. The posted wait was 40.

There are much more efficient ways to get on these rides than waiting outside a locked gate for an hour in the morning.

If not rushing off to AK then, would there still be a point to doing rope drop and getting there 60 min early to avoid 40 min in line?
One benefit is that you can squeeze more time out of your trip. Say the park opens at 9, you've done your first ride by say 9:10 a.m. rather than 9:50.

We were at Epcot in November early enough to be at the front of the “holding pen” just under SE. Our initial plan was to hit Soarin but the crowd around us was too large and I didn’t particularly want any part of it so when the rope was dropped my DD and I decided to hit SE first and let the crowd dissipate a little before we wandered over to the land.

Considering SE stopped for about 10 minutes mid ride and the walk over to The Land we probably got there around 930. We waited not more than 15 minutes with a posted 40 minutes wait time.

Ever since the third theatre has opened I find Soarin wait times to be mostly low-ish for the first hour of Park opening but YMMV.

Just back from a trip. We got to EPCOT around 40 min before opening, were let into the park around 20 min til opening, and held at Spaceship Earth, we were not right up against the rope. At rope drop we walked, not even fast walked, to Soarin and were on in 5 min.

We did it without a problem in 8/2016. We were staying at BC and just went in through IG at opening and straight to Soarin. We were on the ride in about 10 minutes. Unless something has changed, it is totally doable.

We did it without a problem in 8/2016. We were staying at BC and just went in through IG at opening and straight to Soarin. We were on the ride in about 10 minutes. Unless something has changed, it is totally doable.

Ditto for us over multiple visits in the last 5 years staying at the Board Walk, most recently last Nov.

Bill From PA

Yep us too, when we were at YC in Dec 2016.

For virtually no wait you'll want to get to the park 45-60 min prior to park opening.

If you arrive 1-30 min prior to park opening, there will already be hundreds of people there.

But if you don't want to wait prior to park opening too long you can get there around 30 min prior, I'd anticipate around a 30 min wait for Soarin by then

This morning: Pulled in the EPCOT parking space at 8:30. Were not "up front" of the holding pen at Spaceship Earth, maybe midway back. Didn't run just walked normally to Soarin'. Entered at 9:05 with 15 minute posted wait time. Seated exactly 15 mins later .

In October, during F&W, we arrived at Epcot about 20 minutes after opening and headed right to Soarin'. When we got on the ride, it was a ten minute wait (accurate), when we got off and went into the restroom, it was up to 45, when we came out of the restroom, it was up to 60! So I think we just lucked out!

We want to walk over and do Soarin at rope drop before heading to AK for our FP's. Anyone know what a usual wait time is at rope drop? I need to know what time to book our FP's at AK and have to account for how long the line/ride takes and transportation to AK etc. Thanks in advance?
We got there on a Monday the beginning of June, entering EPCOT at about 9:15, so not exactly rope drop. Got in line which was going up the steps, looked hopeless, but we stood there anyway since it was not going to get better later. Got on ride in about 20 minutes. The line moved very quickly, needless to say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter