Soarin TDS vs WDW

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
I have seen mixed Informaiton on if this ride is different at TDLR than WDW. I will ride if I can but not willing to wait 2 hours or pay if it is basically the same ride I’ve done many times.

The ride itself is exactly the same as in WDW but the queue is different and significantly better than in Florida (and California). The queue is an attraction in of itself in terms of theming and storytelling. If the line isn't 2 hours long, I would do standby just to see it.

Last edited:
Most of the video is the same but there are some slightly different transitions and a different ending scene. The video quality is also much nicer than California (haven't seen WDW's in a long time so can't compare to that). Queue is different and better than Florida but if you decide to ride, I would recommend paying to skip rather than wait if you don't do it first thing in the morning. It's mostly the pre-show that's worth seeing which you will still get to see if you pay to skip.

If you frequent WDW, I would consider this higher priority than Toy Story Mania but lower priority than pretty much everything else at DisneySea. Skip the Magic Lamp Theater and Turtle Talk if you don't understand Japanese.

Skip the Magic Lamp Theater and Turtle Talk if you don't understand Japanese.
Although if you’ve done everything else and still have some time the Magic Lamp Theater is worth doing. An English closed captioning device was available when we went back in 2016. We also watched the show in Mermaid Lagoon but I don’t think that had a caption device.

Although if you’ve done everything else and still have some time the Magic Lamp Theater is worth doing. An English closed captioning device was available when we went back in 2016. We also watched the show in Mermaid Lagoon but I don’t think that had a caption device.

The old show in Mermaid Lagoon did have caption devices but they got rid of them when it switched to King Triton's Concert. I remember some point like 5-6 years ago, maps of DisneySea stopped indicating that any shows had caption devices which is why I assume they're gone from Magic Lamp Theater too. I feel like I've seen caption devices at TIki room in 2019 but can't remember seeing them at Magic Lamp Theater for a while.

DID soarin today and Disney Seas. Was definitely worth it but we did Premier pass it. Amazing line and ending was great. Smells seemed more intense too. Considering doing it first thing in the AM. Also show up at the entrance at least an hour early. We showed up 40 minutes early and big lines were already built up by the time we got in.

If you have the Happy 15 it can be worth it to do Soarin' first. The queue is beautiful and I'm glad we didn't miss it. (But we had a couple of days of Happy 15 and had already done Tower of Terror). It was quiet enough that day that we were able to do Soarin and then immediately do the Happy Ride with Baymax with a pretty short queue there.

We didn't expect it to be different, but there is a small bit of footage that is different just before it ends at TDR.

And I agree that the video quality is better. It didn't even seem to warp as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter