Soarin' Petition

Domo

Wotcha
A while back I toyed with the idea of setting up an online petition to restore Soarin' Over California to Disneyland and possibly set times at WDW. So did someone else, but they actually went ahead and did it, scoring hardly any signatures.

I can't be the only one who would like to see the original Soarin'? Don't get me wrong, the new one is good too (as a concept, Soarin' is my favourite theme park ride to date) but I just prefer the original greatly and don't want to see it vanish forever.

I dunno. Probably wishful thinking. I mean, Disney are hardly gonna be swayed by a bunch of hardened fan boys are they?

Never mind.

http://www.cocoa.uk.com/blog/?p=1446 -- Original Soarin'

http://www.cocoa.uk.com/blog/?p=1443 -- New Soarin'

Everytime I see the ridiculously bent Eiffel Tower in the new one when we’re not sitting in the center section I wonder how the imagineers signed off on it.
Funny & embarrassing story. First time I rode the new one, I got off & told my DH, “I didn’t realize the Eiffel Tower was bent like that! Guess you can’t tell unless you’re up close.” Lol! He looked at me like I was stupid & said “it’s not, that’s the screen!”

I miss the original Soarin' so much! I keep hoping they'll bring it back...

I rode Soarin' opening day at California Adventure. No lines, it was great front row center. Got off and went right back on. Won't even go on it now, don't like the new one at all.

I rode Soarin' opening day at California Adventure. No lines, it was great front row center. Got off and went right back on. Won't even go on it now, don't like the new one at all.

:(

That sucks. I must confess, I haven't actually *ridden* the new version but I HAVE downloaded the footage and I'm not too fond of it - even centre top recordings. I guess I should give it a proper try?

From what I used to understand....these kind of screen issues like we saw in older simulators like Back to the Future could be fixed with special fish-eye lenses when filming that matched the screen curvature...however I would think that these days it could be fixed with computers....I MEAN THE TAJ MAHAL IS ENTIRELY CGI, they could at least fix how the Eiffel Tower looks with clever editing. Heck, I could probably do it with my Adobe programs.

I don't hate the new version, but they definitely took more shortcuts which is odd since this was rumored for what seemed like a decade before it opened, was it really that difficult to get it right?

Anyway, in other news, Tokyo Disney is opening their own version and supposedly it will have a completely new and unique movie...will be interesting to see how that turns out because OLC (The company that owns Tokyo Disney) doesn't cut corners on budget!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter