Soarin' or Test Track standby?

KittyKitty

DIS Veteran
Going with non rope drop people.(I've let it go) Which ride would you do for standby? We plan to leave BLT at 8:30am, going monorail, so guessing we will be in the parks by 9:30. Right now I can choose either ride for FP.

Epcot is crowd 3 end of Oct per Touring plans.

Which would you do standby when we arrive?

Thanks.

The standby queue is more interactive for soarin since they installed the games. Test track to me is boring but I can only look at cars for so long.

I would FP+ TT and do Soarin' standby. With three theaters, Soarin' standby waits have been cut down quite a bit. Also, as PP noted, TT goes down a lot, so if you have a FP+ for it and it goes down, you'll end up with a multiple experience FP+ to either go back and ride TT at any point that day when it's operational or to use at another ride in the park (except FEA, typically)

We rode Soarin' late afternoon with a short wait time-looking at lines apps, I would FP Test Track and ride Soarin' without a FP.

Soarin’ has consistently had significantly shorter waits than TT lately.

Test Track as it seems to "break down" more often and Soarin seems to get the lines moving much faster.

2 weeks ago we did a PPO ADR for Garden Grill, finished eating @ 8:40, walked on Soarin, yes they were open! Then tracked over to TT then Mission Space , then Frozen all rode before World Showcase opened!.......

Agree with Soarin' as standby.
We have had TT go down when we had a FP and the anytime FP was nice.

We rode standby on Soarin this last Thrusday and it was very busy at Epcot. It had a 70 min wait at noon but only a 20 min wait at 6. Definitely standby in the late afternoon if you can!

Thank you all. I forgot about TT going down, and being able to use the FP later. Soarin' S/B it is.
Good call. If you are staying all day, the line for Soarin on a “3” day should be 20 minutes or less after dinner, if you want to ride twice.

Totally agree on Soarin' - we walked on last Tuesday night and then again after 8AM breakfast at Garden Grill on Thursday morning. Could have ridden it a 3rd time but my crew was ready to move on!

Test Track however was ALWAYS a long wait for standby - we were lucky enough to have gotten a good FP - would have loved to have ridden it again though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter