Soarin’ Over California Returning to Epcot Until Feb 27, 2024!

Maybe the longer the wait times for California, the longer they’ll keep it! Wait times for the World seemed to be getting very short.

I know, I know, but a girl can dream!
I liked seeing California version for old times sake during our trip last week, but I do have to say the film quality of the World version is much better and the scene 'transitions' are better. Just my humble opinion though.

I liked seeing California version for old times sake during our trip last week, but I do have to say the film quality of the World version is much better and the scene 'transitions' are better. Just my humble opinion though.
I noticed the scene transitions as well during our recent trip. I wasn't sure if it was just me, or if the California version is just more outdated. Makes me wonder if they can possibly clean up those transitions a bit without having to redo the whole thing.

Last edited:
Im so glad to see the CA one coming back to Epcot
We have a trip planned the end of Jan I like looking at the wait times but why does soaring always say closed. On the wait times app

We did Soaring over CA early Oct. It was such a strong flashback for us. The sites, sounds and smells were actuall emotional. Around the World is still a good ride, but it just lacks that extra little "it" factor. Seems Disney is guilty of that a lot lately. There is usually a fine line between good and great. Disney has been very content for several years being good. They used to be great. I think (hope) they will find the inspiration to be great again.

I can’t believe I missed hearing about this. I’ve been saying for years that I wish they would show the original Soarin’ or perhaps alternate the two.

Is this still going on and does anyone know for how long?

I was so happy to hear this, I missed the orange smell and some of the scenes and made sure to do it a couple times last week. I however, and I hate to say this, missed the current version only because it was at least steady. The California one was very jittery at some parts (if that makes sense) and the transitions were not smooth. I don’t remember it being that way previously. Now if I had a choice on which one to watch each time it would be the World one

Does anyone have any insight into when disney plans to switch soarin back over to soarin over the world? I have a trip planned for early February and would love to be able to catch the old, superior version.

I asked the CM last week and they said they weren’t given a date but either end of December or end of the 100th, which I believe is around that time.

I can’t believe I missed hearing about this. I’ve been saying for years that I wish they would show the original Soarin’ or perhaps alternate the two.

Is this still going on and does anyone know for how long?
A closing date for the California’s version has not been announced.

I’ve been reading that soaring is doing the CA version for a short time
But whenever I check the wait app it always says it’s closed.
We’re going to be there the end of Jan does anyone know how long the CA one will be running

We’re going to be there the end of Jan does anyone know how long the CA one will be running
All Disney has said is that it's for a limited time. No idea how long that will actually be but it's intended for the 100th celebration so supposedly will end when that does or shortly after or it could go longer. I will be there at end of Jan too and hope it will still be showing.

You have mentioned before that you don’t see the wait time in the app. Not sure what the challenge may be as it is visible to others. Possibly try the List View displayed below? I just took this screenshot.

IMG_4680.png

You have mentioned before that you don’t see the wait time in the app. Not sure what the challenge may be as it is visible to others. Possibly try the List View displayed below? I just took this screenshot.

View attachment 807362
I’m sorry but I’m not sure what your talking about with a list view. Thanks for the screenshot I have the wait times app on my phone. When I click on it I see the wait times but on mine it still says soaring closed Not sure why the rest shows a time.

I’m sorry but I’m not sure what your talking about with a list view. Thanks for the screenshot I have the wait times app on my phone. When I click on it I see the wait times but on mine it still says soaring closed Not sure why the rest shows a time.

Attachments

• E5A8FAA9-A999-4E04-9215-F190BC51A8B7.png
    E5A8FAA9-A999-4E04-9215-F190BC51A8B7.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 29
Gee I just impressed myself I actually tried to post a screenshot and it actually worked. And I’m so bad with computers. But anyways this is the wait time from this morning on thebapp

Same! I enjoyed seeing California again, but the transitions made me a little motion sick. Which I don't remember happening before. Maybe I'm just older lol

Looking forward to seeing the California one again, but I do like the World better.

Gee I just impressed myself I actually tried to post a screenshot and it actually worked. And I’m so bad with computers. But anyways this is the wait time from this morning on thebapp
I would guess it's a problem with the app you're using as the MDE app lists it and shows it's wait times. It sounds like you are using a secondary app which is probably not linked to the Disney solution correctly for this attraction.

Maybe this has been answered, but is the sequence of ride movements the same for both versions of the ride?

I just went to the App Store and there was an update for the wait times so I updated it but it still shows soaring as closed
I hope I can get this straightened out before we go in Jan soaring is my favorite and I’d like to ride it a few times without a long wait
Any other ideas I can try

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter