• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So who's had to cut or color their own hair?

donaldbuzz&minnie

Happy to be here!
DVC Silver
Me. My hair is short, so I was pretty nervous I'd mess it up, but I went slow, and it turned out well enough that I won't frighten the neighbors. I'm not even going to try coloring it. I'm about to see what I look like with gray hair for the first time!

My bangs need a trim but I am refusing.

I have no problem with coloring though. In fact I just used color oops to remove all previous dyes (purple, brunette, green) and now my hair is slightly ORANGE. I am dying it a medium brown, my natural hair color, tomorrow.

I haven’t colored mine yet, but I have the stuff to do it. I do my own anyway, so no change there. I just couldn’t see wasting a box when I am sheltering alone. I don’t have to look in a mirror and no one else will see. I did want to be prepared though because I have a feeling when our office opens it will be a sudden thing, like getting a text that I have to report 6:00 am tomorrow. I wear my hair long-ish, in a bun or ponytail mostly, so I trim myself normally as well.

Won’t ever attempt to cut but I did buy a couple boxes of hair color. (Don’t tell my sister! She’s my hairdresser. 😬) My hair has gotten curly over the years so with a little product and light blow dry while “scrunching” it looks okay. I noticed the gray doesn’t look as prominent when I don’t attempt to style or use product. Long story short, haven’t gone there yet but am prepared to color if I can’t take it anymore.

Not touching my hair, I cannot do that to my stylist. It will be work enough for her to tackle my ridiculously overgrown roots, I cannot willingly create a bigger catastrophe for her. LOL

Seriously, I am hair challenged. I can't even use a round brush without getting my hair in knots. No way am I attempting color or cut.

I’m waiting. My grays are pretty minimal and my hair is long anyway, so I can go a while longer. I’m seeing my dark roots for the first time in a while, but I feel like I’m in good company. I love seeing women on TV with roots right now. Amy Poehler had dark roots in the Parks and Rec reunion, and I loved her all the more for it. Cynthia McFadden was on the Today show with a whole lotta gray. I thought it was beautiful.

I color at home using Madison Reed anyway. I also trim my own bangs so only need a haircut appointment every 3 months.

I box colour mine all the time so that's not an issue. I'll do it again tomorrow as it's been 4 weeks and that's as long as I can hold out with my roots. The style is a capital M mess though; to the point I'm actually avoiding looking at myself. :scared: For years and years I've maintained the same precision cut and at 1" too long it just doesn't work (it's about twice that right now).

I used to color my hair myself. Not real regularly, just occasionally to give a little better color (and cover a few gray hairs) to my mousy brown color.

I stopped about 3 years ago, and, since I wear a very short haircut, my hair is entirely natural. Happily, my husband and I, as well as one son, had just had haircuts before shops were closed. Unfortunately, the other son was due for a hair cut, so he's probably going to come out of this looking like an escapee from the 60s.

I can get by without a cut but color is going to be necessary soon. I keep meaning to call my stylist to see if she can tell me the name of the color she uses.

I've been cutting and coloring my own hair for years so that's one way that I've been well prepared for this craziness. lol

I used to color my hair myself. Not real regularly, just occasionally to give a little better color (and cover a few gray hairs) to my mousy brown color.

I stopped about 3 years ago, and, since I wear a very short haircut, my hair is entirely natural. Happily, my husband and I, as well as one son, had just had haircuts before shops were closed. Unfortunately, the other son was due for a hair cut, so he's probably going to come out of this looking like an escapee from the 60s.
I was just saying to my DH that my son is starting to look like Paul on the cover of the Abby Road album. 😂

Not touching my hair, I cannot do that to my stylist. It will be work enough for her to tackle my ridiculously overgrown roots, I cannot willingly create a bigger catastrophe for her. LOL

Seriously, I am hair challenged. I can't even use a round brush without getting my hair in knots. No way am I attempting color or cut.
Same. My hair stylist would kill me. I’m just wearing headbands which covers the roots for now. Eventually it will look like ombré. Fortunately no gray yet. The cut is long layers, so nothing shocking.

On the bright side, I have saved enough money not getting my hair done to buy myself a Disney Pandora bracelet, safety clasp, and three charms!

I'm not going to brave coloring . I have highlights and I don't even know where to begin. My hair is all the same length but lately I've been craving bangs. I'm fighting my urge to cut my own.

I am thinking letting DD cut my hair today. I just want to make sure she’s in a good mood first! :laughing: It shouldn’t be too bad, right? Just an inch all around. I have to wear a scrub cap for work which is fine, but when I take it off my hair is a mess, like sticking out on the sides and curled up on the bottom. I hate being out in public that way. Even to just lessen it a bit would be a big improvement. I can thin it out myself with the dog’s grooming shears, lol. Color is not an issue I use color shampoo to lessen a few greys after my regular shampoo and that’s my normal routine.

DS really needs a barber style cut I thought I might be able to do it (having used the clippers on the dog before) but he says he’ll wait. (Probably wise. :lmao: ) He’s never had hair as long before. We try not to laugh but often slip up. It’s not too bad after he showers but the bed head look is a riot! (Normally a neat crew cut.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter