So who is going this holiday weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz2k

Mouseketeer
So who is braving the holiday weekend at Disney? I see that the park resi system for both tickets and resorts are booked up!!! I think this will be the stress test of capacity for the 1st time. We were debating going, but the decision was made for us as there is no room for us...lol

May try to go Thursday for a night or 2 at Yacht Club.

we arrive this friday..staying for a week. hoping that tuesday-friday will be great!!

not excited for the saturday, sunday and maaaaybe monday crowds.

think we will be able to navigate epcot (relatively) easy on sunday since we are there moreso for the food.
labor day we chose AK and are hoping that it won't be bad considering spots are still open aside from AP (which is such a small percentage of the bucket)
our thought process with choosing AK is that we figured most people would want to either go to MK or DHS---hoping that AK won't cause us much trouble

saturday is our biggest concern and we are headed to universal (YIKES!) and i just don't want our party to feel uncomfortable since some are arriving saturday and that will be their first day.....won't be the greatest start.

Not going this weekend but have Thanksgiving weekend booked. I will be checking out reports to see how this weekend goes!

I'm wondering if anyone has had luck refreshing and being able to pick up a reservation that was previously unavailable, similar to how we could scoop up cancelled FPs after a party dropped their reservations.

To check current availability-

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=tickets,resort,passholder
Toggle using the Tickets, Resort, and Passholder buttons. Resort guests appear to have the most availability overall, AP the least.

I think it will be an interesting little test for Disney to see how well their numbers pan out when all the parks are at capacity as well as the resorts. I wonder if they have the staff on hand to call in more people to man the machine..... I do think the already taxed bus system is going to be on overload if they don't have more running this weekend. I love holiday weekends at the resorts, so going to miss the weekend at a pool....but maybe Thursday and Friday will have to do this time.

I'm wondering if anyone has had luck refreshing and being able to pick up a reservation that was previously unavailable, similar to how we could scoop up cancelled FPs after a party dropped their reservations.

To check current availability-

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=tickets,resort,passholder
Toggle using the Tickets, Resort, and Passholder buttons. Resort guests appear to have the most availability overall, AP the least.

We had MK booked for Sunday and when I searched yesterday, I saw availability at all 4 parks and switched to Epcot

Not I. So sad.
We suppose to go on September 9 but we canceled. Thinking we should have kept our ressie
the parks are empty and it is sounding like Disney is doing a great job of cleaning.
However, I was going with my mom who is nervous so it is what it is...uuuggghhhhh

Not I. So sad.
We suppose to go on September 9 but we canceled. Thinking we should have kept our ressie
the parks are empty and it is sounding like Disney is doing a great job of cleaning.
However, I was going with my mom who is nervous so it is what it is...uuuggghhhhh
So sorry. It's hard choosing.

I was going to book Pop yesterday and go to MK Monday. When I came back home yesterday Pop was full. I went online this morning and there is availability at Pop and MK on Monday. I guess I just can't decide.

We (my wife and 19 yr old son) are driving down. Our son will be a freshman at Savannah College of Art & Design and he doesn't move in until Sep 11th so we decided to try out COVID Disney beforehand since our spring break trip with him to Cabo had to be cancelled. We don't arrive until late afternoon on Sat. We're DVC and had to split our stay-- 2 nights at OKW and 3 nights at Riviera. We won't be arriving until late afternoon on Saturday so will just check in and have dinner at Olivia's and then hang at the pool. AK on Sunday--figured that would be manageable for the holiday weekend. Labor Day is Epcot. Hoping the size of the park will diffuse the COVID capacity for the day. HS is Tuesday the 8th which is the first day with shorter park hours and I'm hoping most of the holiday weekenders will be done so it won't be as busy. Wed is MK and then we drive to Savannah on Thursday.

We're going with low expectations and an adjusted park touring perspective/attitude. Just happy to be able to be there again!

ME!!! Arriving Friday, and will be at the parks Sun/Tue/Thu! Hoping for normal (if not below average) Labor day week crowds! We go every Sept, Labor Day week, and crowds are generally low! However - going with the expectation that we are going to have a good time either way! :)

Dh and I will be there. Flying in early Saturday morning...should be arriving no later than 9:30am. We're planning to spend the afternoon in Epcot, MK on Sunday, DHS on Monday, AK on Tuesday, Epcot on Wednesday, MK on Thursday, and then flying home Friday afternoon. I imagine our first three park days will be crazy and the last three should be more laid back. Thankful that those first three days will have the longer hours before they are cut after Monday. I have only ever been to Disney the week of Labor Day. I love it! This year will be different, but since it's an adult only trip this time I think it will be manageable.

We're flying down on Friday and will be staying through Tuesday. Have gone over Labor Day every year for the last five years, which has traditionally been a less crowded time to go. As AP holders who visit multiple times a year - we're looking forward to experiencing Covid Disney, which will hopefully be a once in a lifetime experience! While we usually stay at value resorts, went with a moderate this time since we'll definitely have more resort time due to no park hopping (we normally rope drop and maximize park time). Sounds like this weekend will be pretty crowded - but still looking forward to it!

Arriving bright and early Sat am. Epcot that day, MK Sunday, mini golf,swim, springs Monday. studios Tuesday and AK Wednesday. Fly home early Thursday since late Wednesday flight cancelled

Why would people think this weekend will be busy? It’s probably the least busy holiday of the entire year typically. I have some pictures of the place of Labor Day pre-Covid that look like Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter