So who’s Not Cancelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdoc29

Cruising with the Crazies
Booked Sept 3-9 to take advantage of the free dining offer. Made all my dining reservations this am for the entire trip, Only one I was not able to get was Cinderella's Royal Table at the time we wanted on the day we wanted (and we even got an 8am reservation one of the days at Hollywood and Vine, my little girl has got to see Fancy Nancy). Then Disney Announced SW:GE opening dates, people starting saying they were now not going and suddenly a lot more options popped up. Now I got the last reservation I needed for the time and day I wanted, At this rate getting fast passes 60 days out for all the other parks is going to be a breeze. Sure it will probably be more crowded at HS and it may even spill over to other parks as well but then again a Hurricane could blow through (it is September after all). Still planning to make the most of it, As I have learned in all my Disney World Trips planning will take you a long ways to a good vacation in the world. And as an added Bonus I may even get to experience the new land during my trip.

Although I am disappointed that SWGE is opening earlier than expected, I won’t be canceling my September trip. I hadn’t planned on spending a lot of time at DHS anyway because of the heat, so it won’t be a huge adjustment. I will visit DHS during my May trip and then, barring any AP previews, I won’t be going back to DHS for probably a year or so.

I’m disappointed in the opening date ( i going the same time as you op ) , but we can’t cancel and are still going

Kind of wish we could cancel but alas an 8 person extended family trip isn’t easy to reSchedule. We are a go for 9/14-9/22 with no plans to visits HS at all now.

We arrive sept 4. We don’t go to HS anyway.
I was upset by the news but not canceling our trip.
We were there sept. 2017 when hurricane came through.
Can’t be worse than that.

I wish we were going in September again. Last September trip was last year. I would so love to be there opening day!

We are sticking with it, last week of September. We are bringing my friends boyfriend down for his first visit. I hope the crowds don't scare him off.

We're booked for the first week of September and are very excited to be going. Our only change is that we are going to plan some extra time at HS (mostly standing in lines).

Welp...we had a trip planned for September 7-13 and another planned December 4-8. We assumed SWGE would be open for the December trip, but this is a shocker...and changes nothing. We will go and enjoy our trip and adjust however we must.

But ain't no way I'm waiting on no crazy line.

I’m going aug 31- Sept 14. I’m not cancelling. ADRs are made, flights booked. I’m there for 2 weeks, so I have lots of time to do things. We have been many times, so will just enjoy what we can. I have a 10 day park hopper so will use EMH

Mid-September (or mid October) -- still deciding (both booked). Sticking with one of those . .but pretty much planning to just "check out the land" but not ride the ride. With a 2yo and 6yo and no fast pass available. Riding that ride just won't be an option unless my wife sacrifices herself to go do something for a half a day while the boy and I wait HOURS for the Millenium Falcon. We have already done Toy Story Land -- so we can just focus on SWGE (and Mickey's Railway (which who knows if it will be fast passable) during our DHS day.

I am even considering an additional kidless trip right before our AP runs out (early Nov.) where we can easily wait and explore without having impatient kids :).

Mid-September (or mid October) -- still deciding (both booked). Sticking with one of those . .but pretty much planning to just "check out the land" but not ride the ride. With a 2yo and 6yo and no fast pass available. Riding that ride just won't be an option unless my wife sacrifices herself to go do something for a half a day while the boy and I wait HOURS for the Millenium Falcon. We have already done Toy Story Land -- so we can just focus on SWGE (and Mickey's Railway (which who knows if it will be fast passable) during our DHS day.

I am even considering an additional kidless trip right before our AP runs out (early Nov.) where we can easily wait and explore without having impatient kids :).
Also planning a kidless trip later to actually enjoy SWGE. This trip my goal is also to just see SWGE if I can, not even trying to ride the ride at this point. Darn kids won't really appreciate standing in line all day ;)

Last edited:
We are planned for 8/31-9/8, if we cancel we don't get to go this year so...not cancelling! We love Star Wars, was hoping to avoid the madness, but as long as we are going to be there...well count us in. We want to experience Toy Story Land-we missed it last year, so I'm going to plan 1 day for that, and 1 day for GE-guessing it will take at least that.

I booked our honeymoon a while ago for the end of September, accepting the fact that we wouldn’t be there for SWGE. So then I decided to book a Disneyland trip in August for his birthday so that we could experience it before we go... oh boy. Same boat, I have flights and hotels reserved, we have no choice but to brave it in Florida now, too.

We’re there Sept 4-13. We knew we would miss SWGE and had planned to make reservations to come back and go in the Spring. We’re planning to stick with that plan but are hoping we can at the very least get into the land, see it and try some blue milk in September. We have small kids so I just hope if we get there at a fairly early time that we can make it in and not get shut out. I know that they can’t sit in a line for hours just to get in there. Also, my son is a huge Lightning McQueen fan so I’m hoping that the rest of the park will be accessible even if we can’t make it into SWGE so that we can do the new Cars show. As for the crowds at the other parks, I guess we’re just going to have to hope for the best.

I will be there September 1-8 and don’t plan on canceling. I imagine the line to get in to SWGE will start somewhere around North Carolina, so no desire to go anywhere near that lol. My daughter and I will just make the best of it.

Although I am not gonna lie, I am really holding out hope that the opening date gets moved back. Just because opening day is SCHEDULED for August 29th doesn’t mean there isn’t a chance that a wrench could get thrown in to that which results in that date getting moved back. Maybe the East Coast will have another summer of biblical amounts of rain which delays it. We can only hope lol

I will be there September 1-8 and don’t plan on canceling. I imagine the line to get in to SWGE will start somewhere around North Carolina, so no desire to go anywhere near that lol. My daughter and I will just make the best of it.

Although I am not gonna lie, I am really holding out hope that the opening date gets moved back. Just because opening day is SCHEDULED for August 29th doesn’t mean there isn’t a chance that a wrench could get thrown in to that which results in that date getting moved back. Maybe the East Coast will have another summer of biblical amounts of rain which delays it. We can only hope lol
As much as I’d love to see opening date get pushed back (we’re booked Sep 7-15) it’s not going to happen. It would be absolute bedlam if Disney pushed back the date! Now that the date is out it’s set in stone! Some other dates might change but not for something as big as SWGE.

As much as I’d love to see opening date get pushed back (we’re booked Sep 7-15) it’s not going to happen. It would be absolute bedlam if Disney pushed back the date! Now that the date is out it’s set in stone! Some other dates might change but not for something as big as SWGE.

I know you are probably right, but that isn’t going to stop me from doing rain dances in my yard in an attempt to derail the construction with torrential downpours all summer lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter