• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So, What's the BEST thing to order???

heatherandnick

DIS Veteran
What do you recommend at...
Jikos?
Cali Grill?
Narcoosies?
Flying Fish?
Artist Point?
Coral Reef (lunch)?
Chefs de France (lunch)?
Yak & Yeti (lunch)?
Brown Derby?

i can tell you that the lobster bisque and creme brulee at chefs de france were among the best i have ever had! the bisque had just the right flavor as it should, and the brulee was creamier and lighter than others i have had. really really good!

At Jiko I like any of the appetizers and soups there. We usually get a sampler platter of appetizers so that we can try a lot of them and they are always outstanding, as are their flatbreads. For the entree, my favorite is the short ribs.

At CG, it has to be sushi. The sushi and flatbreads are very good but I haven't been bowled over by the other dishes here. The duck is probably my favorite.

Narcoosees is not one of my favorite restaurants but the grouper I had here was pretty good.

FF is my favorite restaurant on the dining plan and I love the cheese plate here. Also enjoy the raw tuna appetizer. For an entree, both the scallops and the snapper are good.

Artist Point: Buffalo. I did not care for the mushroom soup that a lot of people on the boards love. The salmon here is pretty good if you enjoy salmon.

Coral Reef: The only dish I really enjoy (I've had them all) is the mahi mahi.

Chefs de France: I like the goat cheese tart. The onion soup here is not bad.

Yak n Yeti: One of only 2 places at WDW that I really dislike. I have had the lo mein and the pho on my 2 visits here and both were absolutely awful.

Brown Derby: The seared ahi is one of the best entrees I've had at WDW. I've had it twice and both times it has been a beautiful piece of fish, perfectly prepared.

I cannot recommend any desserts. I've had a few at various places but I generally skip them as they are my least favorite course. For this list of restaurants, the only desserts I've had that I thought were very good were the trio of sorbets at FF and the berry cobbler at Artist Point.

Jikos--any flatbread, cheese plate, maize crusted fish, not a fan of their desserts

Cali Grill--any flat bread, spicy Kazan roll, pork loin, cheese plate, (my husband loved their ostrich)

Narcoosies--not a fan of their appetizers, usually get filet and lobster tail, but have had better, love their almond cheesecake though

Flying Fish--mussels, tomato/mozzarella salad, scallops, chocolate trio

Artist Point--mushroom soup, mussels, buffalo, used to love their berry cobbler until they changed it a couple months ago

Coral Reef--not a fan of their appetizers, short rib, had a VERY good steak there, butterscotch creme brulee

Chefs de France--Assiete Campagnarde, any flatbread, salmon, chocolate cake with coconut ice cream

Yak & Yeti--lettuce cups, ribs, pineapple wontons

Brown Derby--not a fan, sorry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter