So, what would you like to hear?

This would be appropriate for closer to Halloween, but what about tales of "haunted Disneyworld"? Julie made some reference as to ghost stories told by the Wishes cruise captain. That piqued my interest.....

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

I think that would be a really great idea esp. closer to Halloween. I have heard a few stories about different rides even one that includes the haunted mansion.

I think a segment on things you might not know you could do at disney. For example, the cruises, driving experience, pirate treasure hunt at GF and get some info and people who have actually done these things to comment on them.

To me I would like to really hear more reviews. I think the work Kevin does with them are outstanding. You could even call it something like "A Kloser Look" with Kevin Klose. It does not have to just be limited to restaurants, you could mix in books (as you have already done) and hotel rooms etc. I really enjoy hearing the thorough and honest opinions.

I am a new listener and I just LOVE the podcasts! I listened to 4 shows at work today!! :happytv: could not be happier!!

I would love a Disney Did you know or secrets show.......Some of the little info you put in is so fascinating!

I love the show! Thanks for putting it together!!

popcorn::

No new ideas, but I will second some of the ones already mentioned:

- DCL segment - I would love an interview w/ Tracy from her Med Cruise!
That way I can live vicariously through her experience since our next cruise
isn't until the Sept '08 double dip!

That is a Great Idea!
:grouphug:

Pete,

Thanks to you and the whole gang for all the work you do every week. I love the podcast and can't wait to hear it each week.

I would like to have Rose and Crown reviewed with attention paid to their bar menu as well. I hear the bar menu differs a little from the dining room menu and I can't find a specific menu for the bar area.

I know I haev already posted before but some more ideas - sorry to be a hog!

I would love to hear about any great Disney books that people read. I am so fascinated by Walt's life and find it so incredible that he had this dream and it turned into something so incredible!

I would love to hear people's very special experiences at Disney - what are some of your most memorable times and what made them so special? These can be things like experiences with your family or special things done by a CM.

I would love to hear from big winners of the castle stay - what were their experiences like?

DVC members - why they became DVC members and what their tips are to other DVC members.

I would love to hear secrets about the Disney Magic (the cruise) things that the average person would not know or be able to read about in a travel
book.

Okay...I am done! Sorry to be a hog!

My DD is entering high school this year and has already been talking about the College Program...I would love to hear more about it. Also, I'm very interested in the corporate structure @ Disney. Can someone truly work their way up the corporate ladder? That kind of thing. :goodvibes

Hi Peter -
As I sit here with my "DIS" cup filled with my favorite flavored coffee I have come up with a few things that I would like to hear about. This, of course, is in addition to all the things that you already do so well.
First, cast members. I really would like to hear some of their stories. Especially the ones that have been doing this for a long time. Where they are from, etc and their "secrets" to everything not known by others.
Next I would like to learn more about the DIS team. I listen to you all every week and like people you see in your neighborhood I see/hear you but don't really know you.
Contests - does anyone every win. If so, who, what, etc...details I need details :).
Working for Disney - like Corey my son Tony is in school for graphic design and wants to work for Disney. He took animation classes long ago at the Disney Institute over one of our vacations and was hooked. He will be changing majors in the Fall to arts and animation. How do you get your foot in the door and what other organizations could he look into that will still allow him to fulfull his dream.
Lastly, is it at all possible to make the show a twice a week fix? There are some weeks that I really need that double dose of DIS!
We will be back in WDW in Nov for the Funai classic. Meet you at Spaceship Earth! Anita

This was probably talked about on the podcasts before my time, but I have recently noticed a huge influx of Disney brand foods in my area---bags of Disney apples, and now Disney frozen foods...is this just new to my neighborhood stores or is this new everywhere? I guess they know their brand is an automatic sell---it worked on me--I HAD to buy those Disney apples and I even thought they tasted EXTRA delicious. Would like to hear more about these new product lines.

Also, has there ever been talk about Disney opening House of Mouse restaurants/game places through out the country (sort of like ChuckE Cheese)?

THANKS for this thread!

NEW IDEAS

What about a "Best of the Best" segment? Pete tosses out any subject (ie ice cream, room view, tour, rest area, ride to get wet, appetizer, etc) and each podcast member mentions what they think is the best in WDW.

You could also have an "If" segment - If you could have any dinner in WDW for you birthday what would it be? If you could change one thing in Fantasyland what would it be? etc.

Instead of doing current Disney movie reviews, you could review disney movies from the vault. This might inspire some to watch a movie that they may not have seen or even heard of.

WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE OF . . .

Bob going on tours

resort reviews

"kaut" cam

WOULD LIKE TO HEAR KEVIN REVIEW . . .

more character meals

dinner shows

50's Prime time

Thank all of you so much for all you do!

My family and I have been to WDW many times and have done most of the major attractions over and over again. My wife and I are visiting WDW as part of a Land & Sea package in the spring. Information like hidden gems or off the beaten path attractions/diversions would interest us.

Thanks,
Dennis-

Hi I am a single mom of a DD 13 and DS 10 and we have been to WDW once a year since 2001 (yep that means I traveled from Maine to Disney with a 8 yr & 5 yr old alone) but some ideas for you to use maybe...

1. have are a segment on the single parent family and how seating is on the rides for parties of 3 - like Space Mtn everyone sits alone vs. Everest is only 2 seats per row vs. Pirates is a whole bench fitting 5 or 6 so that families like mine will know what to expect on their trip.
2. how about a segment on going to the world solo - I took my first solo trip the end of Sept 2005 for my 35th birthday and then another one Feb 2007. The 2005 trip was completely solo I didn't do any dis meets or anything but in 2007 I meet a few dissers. In 2005 I did do a character breakfast in the AK for my birthday breakfast and had such a blast but in 2007 I just had counter service because I felt weird eating alone - maybe you could touch on that too.
3. I like the idea about the "secrets" how about the ones that save you $$ or give you the biggest bang for your buck - we use the one where you buy the double cheese burger and an extra bun to save some $ and we also buy our light up wands from the Disney Store before we leave home and while we purchase bottles of water in the parks we bring the little packets of sugar free drink mix (Walmart brand of Crystal Light and Propel) so that we can have a little variety to just plain water without buying soda

Hope this helps you - Thanks for the podcast I look forward to listening every Tuesday now that I have found them and have even been going way back to listen to the older ones - this helps me get my disney fix since I had to cancel my upcoming Aug trip Michelle

I just started listen and I love the podcast. I have a 2 year old and I would love more opinions on touring/dining/staying with young children.

Hi there,

I love the Podcast and just came back from a trip to Australia and listened to 15 hours of "saved" DIS Unplugged Podcasts - making the United Airlines flight bearable :) I also like your coments on accessibility - our DS (10) uses a WC and it is great to hear your tips and comments.

Anyways, as DVC members we have been fortunate enough to take 2 week trips each year. In order to avoid the point hike on Fri and Sat and to build in a WDW breather within the trip, we try to include a weekend away from WDW. It would be great if you guys could maybe profile a few places within Florida that are within 2 or three hours drive from WDW and that would be great places to spend a day or two exploring? For example, on our next trip we are thinking about visiting St Augustine for our mid-vacation getaway.

Keep up the great work.

Hi Spaddy, I am going to be taking my grandchildren to the parks in the next few weeks. Touring with a 2 year old is going to be on the top of my list to check out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter