So, what size crowds should I expect in late September?

Pooh99

Earning My Ears
And if we arrive on Saturday, what day should I go to MK? It seems like everyone would be there on Sunday....
Also, what will the weather be like?

We have not been in September, but we do always hit MK on Sunday morning and find it to be a very nice time to be at the park. Saturday is the day to avoid for the MK. MK is however EE on Sunday now, so i would expect the crowds to grow here as the day wears on. If you are staying on site, I would for sure hit MK at 8:00 on Sunday. If not, you might want to choose another park.

Jordan's mom

We have been twice in late Sept and the crowds are great. We hardly had a wait for anything--maybe 10-15 min at the most. It is hot then so try to do some indoor stuff when it gets to hot. The hours are shorter though, I want to say MK closed at 6pm when we were there--although last rip we got lucky and they extended the hours at MK several days we were there. Also some pools close early--we stayed at YC and SAB closed at 8pm.

We were there mid-September of last year and the crowds were very light except on the weekend. I would suggest going to Magic Kingdom on Saturday night because that was the only night that they had Spectromagic while we were there. Perhaps with the Fairytale package being offered, hours and parade times might be more elaborate. We did go to MK on Sunday morning but opted to park hop later in the day because of crowds. We'll be there from September 20-27 and I'm hoping the hours are extended because I'd love to see MK after dark!

The weather was hot and humid with a brief period of showers most days.

We went last year at the end of September and the weather was really hot! 90 every day for over a week and not more than a drop or two of rain! Based on all the info from these boards we had been prepared for a lot of rain at this time of year.

Lines for the bigger attractions could get long, but since we were travelling with two little ones we stuck to the smaller stuff and never waited more than 15 minutes any time of the week and most rides we walked on in less than 5 minutes.

When your trip gets closer check out the schedules for shows and parades-that will help planning which days to visit (when we were there in September-Spectromagic was only on Saturday)

we'll be there the same dates. Where are ya staying?
Terri

We have our first trip planned for 9/20-27th. We weren't expecting it to be terribly crowded, but with the Fairytale Package sale going on, I'm sure it will be more crowded than normal.

We're still very excited. The kids are already planning which rides they want to go on. We have a tape measure taped up on the wall and they check their height each day. It's pretty funny!

Maybe we will be there at the same time! We are staying in the Comtemporary.

We are going in Oct this year...but last year we were there Sept 20-27 (then 2 days at US/IOA).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter