So wait... now they are giving new discounts to AP holders, but won't let us buy AP's?

What new discounts?
There is a new summer hotel room discount, but APs have always gotten hotel room discounts, so I'm not sure I'd call them "new." Frankly, not much use for DVC members since we tend to stay on points. Plus, I hear the discounts are BAD (not offered most nights/most room categories) so nothing we're really missing out on.

There is a new summer hotel room discount, but APs have always gotten hotel room discounts, so I'm not sure I'd call them "new." Frankly, not much use for DVC members since we tend to stay on points. Plus, I hear the discounts are BAD (not offered most nights/most room categories) so nothing we're really missing out on.

Okay. I got the email last week maybe regarding that. Thought maybe something new and exciting was announced today that I missed! Yeah, room discounts are not a big deal for us since that is why I keep adding points! LOL

Well, yeah.... I don't need to room discount. But it's the principle of the thing. They are announcing stuff for people who have AP's. Let us at least buy them!

They are offering D 23 membership discounts. As soon as I read that, I wondered why can’t they get the AP discount for members.

We have our AP’s but I feel bad for those that can’t get them!

Anyone can get an annual pass now. I just got mine last week but it is a process to call the right people to get connected to DVC Passholders line. Gold AP is $765 approximately for a DVC member. Non DVC out of staters can only get the Platinum pass for about $1000 per the AP Passholders line which is different that the DVC Passholders line. You cannot call the DVC line directly. You have to call the AP Passholders line and leave a message for DVC Passholders customer care. Crazy.

Anyone can get an annual pass now. I just got mine last week but it is a process to call the right people to get connected to DVC Passholders line. Gold AP is $765 approximately for a DVC member. Non DVC out of staters can only get the Platinum pass for about $1000 per the AP Passholders line which is different that the DVC Passholders line. You cannot call the DVC line directly. You have to call the AP Passholders line and leave a message for DVC Passholders customer care. Crazy.
I am glad they are available. Thanks for posting!

Were you a AP holder pre-covid? Or are you a first time AP purchaser?

Can not see how bobbiwoz could be first time AP. I've been trying (past holder, pre-covid) and do not meet the criteria of renewal.

All reports are that This only applies to people who had an AP during the shut down.

Anyone who did not, are being denied.

Can you clarify if you had one in 2020 at all?

I have tried too and since mine did not expire during the shut down or renew, they said no.

Last I tried, I was told no since my AP had expired about 6 months prior to COVID. I had not worried about it since I assumed I was going to renew it on my next trip. Granted that was a month or so ago.

Based on your other response to me in a different thread, you got the AP because you were eligible for the recovery AP since you canceled in 2020 and took a refund.

Its not available to everyone yet since those who didn’t have them in 2020 are still not allowed.

Last edited:
I am very new to DVC - not actually a member yet. We just bid on our first contract and it has been sent to Disney - fingers crossed. Could you help me understand the blue card/white card annual pass thing? I am buying resale. Does that mean I CAN'T get a gold membership, or does that mean I don't qualify for a discount on it?

I am very new to DVC - not actually a member yet. We just bid on our first contract and it has been sent to Disney - fingers crossed. Could you help me understand the blue card/white card annual pass thing? I am buying resale. Does that mean I CAN'T get a gold membership, or does that mean I don't qualify for a discount on it?
Effective June 3, 2021, to obtain a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card, Members must accumulate a total of at least 150 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

What the above means is you must purchase 150 points direct from DVC to get a Blue DVC Membership ID. A Blue DVC Membership ID card is what's necessary to get any benefits or discounts. No Blue Card means no discounts on tickets, annual passes, dining, merchandise, etc. No Blue Card also means no access to most member events and experiences like no access to the Member Lounge in Epcot, no access to DVC exclusive after hours parties in the parks, etc.

Thanks for helping clear up my confusion. Now I need to do some math and figure out if direct is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter