So this is Love: Disneymoon pre-Trippie April 2008: Updated 2/9/08

I finished with Finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After three years and 1 qaurter... I am done with my undergraduate degree. I am exhausted and it feels werid to not have worry about classes for 9 months. I still have the wedding and disneymoon too look forward to. I hope to update soon but no wedding stuff has happened in a while....

Congratulations!

First I wanted to tell you Congrats on your engagement. Like you, I am also engaged and getting married June7th 2008. We are also going to Disney World for our Honeymoon. We wanted to stay in the All Star Movies but we haven't booked yet- we are booking this month. As of right now the standard rooms are booked in ASM and soo we are hoping to book preferred- its only a $50 difference and my DF said he really wanted to stay in ASM again.. and I do it. If not we are going to book in Pop Century because it is the newest and I have heard a lot of great things about it. So I look forward to your pics from your honeymoon- and it can help me suggest a certain area. =)

"DF wants the Water park Options. He said something about me and bathing suit and trying to get me on the big slides. (Not going to happen)." ~~This part made me laugh:lmao: because like you I am not into the Big huge tall water slides- they freak me out and are no fun. I have never liked them.. and when I was in panama city my senior year I almost drowned in the ocean so I am kind of iffy when it comes to out of control situations in water. The last time DF and I went we didn't go to the waterparks because it was such a short trip and in Jan. But he loves waterparks and he wants to go this time.. as I do to.. but he is insistent that I am going to ride all those crazy high slides..and its not happening.. so I tried to trick him and say I will ride the slides if you ride Tower of Terror (because neither of us has rode it nor want to- we don't like rides like that) So I thought he was going to say nevermind but he said OK.. haha backfired.. I said I will still have fun why you ride- I will lounge around and explore while you wait in line. He still thinks its happening.. hehe

Disney Quest is awesome.. if you are into the arcade type stuff as we are. I was shocked how big it was.. and how much there was to do there. :)

As for the DDP if you plan on eating at a lot of places and a lot of pricier ones.. I would suggest using the dining plan. It's only like 30something a day and if you don't book it- then you have to pay full price at all the meals and I felt like it held us back because is cost so much to pay full amounts at all places. But its up to you. We just learned from previous experiences. I think it came to like $400 total for the dining plan for 8 days and when we went last time for 5 days we easily spent $400 on food and we didn't even eat at that many places.. it was mostly quick meals and not the sitdown restaurants.

I didn't know about the registry thing for disney world.. for wedding gifts.. how did you sign up.. I was thinking about that last night- that I could send a registry with invites and they could purchase disney dollars or something (if there was such a thing.. so is there?:confused3

I am also using a disney princess feel to my wedding. :bride: It doesn't have disney themed stuff.. although I told my DF that I wanted the minnie and mickey cake topper, and glass sipper things for the table. But it doesn't want the cake topper. He is a disney fan but doesn't want a disney themed wedding.

I like the 2nd option the best and then the 1st option. All 3 are great ideas. But if you are going for more disney princess- I would pick 1 of the first 2. Good luck with your planning. =)

First I wanted to tell you Congrats on your engagement. Like you, I am also engaged and getting married June7th 2008. We are also going to Disney World for our Honeymoon. We wanted to stay in the All Star Movies but we haven't booked yet- we are booking this month. As of right now the standard rooms are booked in ASM and soo we are hoping to book preferred- its only a $50 difference and my DF said he really wanted to stay in ASM again.. and I do it. If not we are going to book in Pop Century because it is the newest and I have heard a lot of great things about it. So I look forward to your pics from your honeymoon- and it can help me suggest a certain area. =)

I will post lots pf pics for you! I got a new digital camera for Xmas. Well its not new. My mother bought it for a lot of money and she could not figure it out. I on the other hand picked it up and got perfect pictures. Its an SLR. I am looking forward to using it there.

"DF wants the Water park Options. He said something about me and bathing suit and trying to get me on the big slides. (Not going to happen)." ~~This part made me laugh:lmao: because like you I am not into the Big huge tall water slides- they freak me out and are no fun. I have never liked them.. and when I was in panama city my senior year I almost drowned in the ocean so I am kind of iffy when it comes to out of control situations in water. The last time DF and I went we didn't go to the waterparks because it was such a short trip and in Jan. But he loves waterparks and he wants to go this time.. as I do to.. but he is insistent that I am going to ride all those crazy high slides..and its not happening.. so I tried to trick him and say I will ride the slides if you ride Tower of Terror (because neither of us has rode it nor want to- we don't like rides like that) So I thought he was going to say nevermind but he said OK.. haha backfired.. I said I will still have fun why you ride- I will lounge around and explore while you wait in line. He still thinks its happening.. hehe

Yup that trick would not have worked for me. DF has ridden the TOT in DCA and he thought it was a bit on the boring side. :scared1: I freak out just hinking about going through the line. We have stopped having discussions about me going on because I keep changing my mind. I still dont know if I can take it. I have seen the youtube videos and know it lasts no longer than 3 minutes... I may do it or not... still dont know.

Disney Quest is awesome.. if you are into the arcade type stuff as we are. I was shocked how big it was.. and how much there was to do there. :)

Yay... now I have to figure out when to do it. We are both video gamers and love to go to arcades. I love racing games and DF likes shooting. He likes to say that I drive like I play in the games. :mad: I am not a bad driver ... just very easily excited. Especially when singing to Disney songs at the top of my lungs. :rotfl:

As for the DDP if you plan on eating at a lot of places and a lot of pricier ones.. I would suggest using the dining plan. It's only like 30something a day and if you don't book it- then you have to pay full price at all the meals and I felt like it held us back because is cost so much to pay full amounts at all places. But its up to you. We just learned from previous experiences. I think it came to like $400 total for the dining plan for 8 days and when we went last time for 5 days we easily spent $400 on food and we didn't even eat at that many places.. it was mostly quick meals and not the sitdown restaurants.

I mulled over it in my head and I just could not do it. We are planning on having breakfast and snacks in the room and my mom and my sister have said that the heat will affect my appetite. Plus the honeymoon registry covers all of my sit down meals and has the option to give us extra disney dollars to over any other meals.

I didn't know about the registry thing for disney world.. for wedding gifts.. how did you sign up.. I was thinking about that last night- that I could send a registry with invites and they could purchase disney dollars or something (if there was such a thing.. so is there?:confused3

I love the registry. it is easy to use and I already have some money from my first bridal shower. Visit the site and they have sample pages. I have already received full payment for my Ohana's dinner and some disney dollars. I also have on there the Fantasmic Dinner Package, Coral Reef, Chef de France, HDDR, and some more things. The registry than places on the money on a disney gift card. (Wedding themed) and is usable at any disney resort or store or park that accepts cards. There are some carts that don't because they are outside vendors within the parks. Feel free to look at my page bride maria jimenez date april 2008. there are tons of other options. you could technically get your entire room adn Magic your way tickets paid for. I already have an apt so I dont need tons of stuff so this was a good alternative to having two blenders. :cool1:

I am also using a disney princess feel to my wedding. :bride: It doesn't have disney themed stuff.. although I told my DF that I wanted the minnie and mickey cake topper, and glass sipper things for the table. But it doesn't want the cake topper. He is a disney fan but doesn't want a disney themed wedding.

We are having disney princess feel in a very subdued way. As I will explain in the next post... my vision has changed to compliment the feel of my venues. I still want my flower girls in princess costumes, but how to convince my mother and DF. :wizard:

Hello Disers,

It has been a while since I have last posted but I have not forgotten about you. I am two months away now and the pressure has finally kicked into gear. I am so excited and scared all at once. A lot has happened since we last met. I will try to mention everything.

As of right now…

We are in the process of finalizing things with our florist. We are doing floral centerpieces in galvanized 2 QT buckets. I flower scheme is pink and red roses mixed in with red and pink carnations and baby’s breath and other white structural pieces. I was not very picky as long as it looks pretty. We are doing rose crowns for the flower girls with white baskets to hold the petals. My bridesmaids will have the opposite color in the bouquet. If she is wearing pink then she will have a red bouquet. Mine will be a cascading bouquet with white stephanotis and pink roses. My florist will add pearls inside the white flowers to compliment the pearls on my wedding dress.

The Church will be decorated in a very simplistic fashion. There will be ribbons along the aisle and a large white arch with tulle and lights flanked by two columns with flowers. Located in front of the arch will be the altar with the unity candles. The church is lovely and does not need too much more.

DF and I chose our first dance song. Yay and finally. I will not say a word until the day of. I promise you will all be surprised.

I am also working on the invites. AHHHHHHHHH! My FMIL was wonderful and gave me the church directory with the names highlighted. She is just missing the actual family members that don’t go to our church. My mom has three different address books and none of the addresses match! I have to type them all up so that we can print them and give them to the wonderful lady that is writing them. My handwriting per my mother is not so nice. We have the invites… we ordered them from David’s and they are lovely. They look so professional and the quality is great. Bonus: Customer Service via telephone was awesome. In the store, that’s another story. I think it is hit or miss with each particular David’s bridal.

Okay my eyes are falling asleep and it is time for bed. I hope to post pics soon. Photobucket takes forever and I am still figureing out flickr. Night!

Hey I just noticed your pre-trip report and me and my husband are going on our honeymoon the same days as your guys... and we are staying at the pop.. We are from canada.. I just thought it was so werid to find someone on here going at the sametime and same place..

Hi there Smiles000030! Welcome to my PJ/TR. Yay I love Canada... !!! I hope to vist soon. I am really into the NWC Native Art. There are a few people that are going around the same time. I am excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter