So the Mickey Head Ice Cream Bars aren't really peanut free?

ReginaFelangee

Earning My Ears
I emailed Disney about it directly and they sent me the response given to Brenda about it:

Hi Brenda,

Happy New Year! In response to your question regarding allergen exposure on the lines for the products listed below, the Itzakadoozie is run on a line dedicated to water ices. There is no allergen residue risk.

The fruit bars and Mickey bars are run on lines that are shared with dairy, wheat, soy, nut, and/or peanut allergens. Our cleaning procedures are validated and therefore we do not include an allergen statement on our wrappers.

Thanks,

Melissa

They also sent the nutritional info on all the ice cream /popsicle products and there was no allergy warning on any of them.

Well, about 10 years ago my Mickey bar had a piece of peanut in the chocolate coating - it looked like a big pimple on Mickey's face!

I emailed Disney about it directly and they sent me the response given to Brenda about it:

Hi Brenda,

Happy New Year! In response to your question regarding allergen exposure on the lines for the products listed below, the Itzakadoozie is run on a line dedicated to water ices. There is no allergen residue risk.

The fruit bars and Mickey bars are run on lines that are shared with dairy, wheat, soy, nut, and/or peanut allergens. Our cleaning procedures are validated and therefore we do not include an allergen statement on our wrappers.

Thanks,

Melissa

They also sent the nutritional info on all the ice cream /popsicle products and there was no allergy warning on any of them.

The best way to get information is to go straight to the manufacturer. You are going to find that products are cross contaminated during manufacturing because they use shared equipment. Most companies don't lable their products, because they are not required to when it comes to shared equipment. Based on the statment sent to you I would not feed those products to my nut allergic children. Risking their life is not worth an ice cream bar for me. I did a googe search a few weeks ago because I had never heard of a Itzakadoozie bars. I found a picture with an allergen statement written underneath and it was contradictory to the one given above. Now, it could have been an old listing, but I know Nestle has many of my childrens allergens in their factories so I won't be feeding them Nestle products. The bottom line is what are you comfortable with when it comes to your kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter