So tell me re: fastpass runners joining party in line

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrokeitmommy

Mouseketeer
I keep seeing mention that some people send a fp runner while the rest of the family gets in line. Do people not get angry when you cut in front of them to meet up with the rest of your party? I don't like making anyone angry so I'm just wondering if this is a common occurrence or if I'm going to get angry people yelling at me if we attempt something like this. (Not referring to ETWB, I have read enough to know better!).

We've only been once, at Christmas, and did not utilize the fp system. So I guess I did not pay attention to it before.

My DH runs to get FPs but this is only so we all don't have to walk across the park. We don't get in line for something else without him.

It's a divided issue. Some people have no problem letting others by in the queue to meet up with their party. Others (like me) find it very inconsiderate.

Doesn't bother me if it's obviously a fastpass "runner", ie 1 person. 1 person won't affect the ride grouping much, if at all. I only get annoyed when the high school or college friends want to "join their friends" ahead.

My DH runs to get FPs but this is only so we all don't have to walk across the park. We don't get in line for something else without him.

:thumbsup2 This is what we do. It is just that one person can move faster than a group and then it can get crowded around where they give out the FPs so everyone doesn't need to be there. No use for us all to go. We just wait for the FP runner to meet up with us and then we get in line. I believe this is the way that most people do it.

We always wait or do something else until the FP runner returns and then get in line together. I am not a fan of people cutting (catching up) for any reason, but more understanding if parent and he are rejoining line after a potty break. I do not agree with those the get in line while the rest of the party are in the bathroom and then expect to be allowed to get in line.

I have no problem with one person catching up with their family ahead. It just doesn't bother me. Multiple people joining a group is a different story.

My family does wait at the line entrance for the runner to get there though.

3happydancers said:
My family finds this inconsiderate. Personally, we still view this as jumping the line.

Agreed. Especially for an attraction like ETWB which has such a limited capacity. One family queued up for ETWB and I was just behind them by the entrance to Maurice's cottage, the dad cut in with the Little Mermaid FP's he just got. I was doing ETWB solo and when the cm started letting people into the room with the magic mirror, the cm stopped at me. Rather frustrating as I could have gone through if it wasn't for that guy cutting in with his FP run. Not the end of the world of course, but still annoying.

This used to happen a lot with TSM before they changed the RD procedure. I don't like it and have no problem telling the "cutters"

bauer1168 said:
Agreed. Especially for an attraction like ETWB which has such a limited capacity. One family queued up for ETWB and I was just behind them by the entrance to Maurice's cottage, the dad cut in with the Little Mermaid FP's he just got. I was doing ETWB solo and when the cm started letting people into the room with the magic mirror, the cm stopped at me. Rather frustrating as I could have gone through if it wasn't for that guy cutting in with his FP run. Not the end of the world of course, but still annoying.

If the dad would have been with them all along you would have still ended up not making it through.

I agree with the others that if its just one member of the family it's ok since if that family member was there all along the outcome would be the same.

I have bigger things to worry about than 1 person jumping in line to meet up with their family. It's just not a big deal to me. And I've never ran into anyone who has said something nasty to me if I've done it. I just say "excuse me" and walk on by.

I have always been the dedicated FP runner...and never realized that people cut in line to rejoin families. I always walked ahead of our group, or finished a meal earlier, or skipped a particular ride (we go during slow season) to pick up fastpasses.

I see this as line cutting, but wouldn't be concerned if it was one person.

Agreed. Especially for an attraction like ETWB which has such a limited capacity. One family queued up for ETWB and I was just behind them by the entrance to Maurice's cottage, the dad cut in with the Little Mermaid FP's he just got. I was doing ETWB solo and when the cm started letting people into the room with the magic mirror, the cm stopped at me. Rather frustrating as I could have gone through if it wasn't for that guy cutting in with his FP run. Not the end of the world of course, but still annoying.[/QUO

Ditto. Personally (and this is what we do), one person runs to get FP's for the group/family, we meet up at x place and then enter the ride line together. We don't let it ruin our vacation but I will say, there have been times when DH has voiced what he thought to the line cutter(s). Especially when there is more than one person.

It is best that your party enters the line together. The other problem (besides whether or not it is ethical) with joining the line later is that many of the queues wind around and it is not really easy to get to your group. If you encounter even just one guest that decides to grab onto both rails and not let you through, then you are stuck without your family and without any real grounds to be let through by a CM, either. Not worth the risk to me.

This method endorsed by fairness lovers the world over. :thumbsup2

desireechance said:
If the dad would have been with them all along you would have still ended up not making it through.

I agree with the others that if its just one member of the family it's ok since if that family member was there all along the outcome would be the same.

My apologies, I didn't explain properly regarding the situation I described. With ETWB, the cm had a ticker in her hand and she did state to me that they had reached the maximum capacity for that group. So if that family in front off didn't have a FP runner join them in the queue, I would have been let through.
Again my apologies for not putting that part in to my post before :)

:thumbsup2 This is what we do. It is just that one person can move faster than a group and then it can get crowded around where they give out the FPs so everyone doesn't need to be there. No use for us all to go. We just wait for the FP runner to meet up with us and then we get in line. I believe this is the way that most people do it.

This is what we do too. It's just easier for one person to move through a crowd to get to the fast pass. It's not about getting into the other line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter