So tell me about going to WDW in April.

Disneyliscious

DIS Veteran
As a teen and young adult we visited WDW in June, July and August - Never again.

Ever since then, we have visited in October - love it! However, our Oct trip this year had to be cancelled. The next available time we could go would be late March through late May. We want to avoid Spring Break and the crowds as much as we can so from what I can tell, the last week of April or first week of May would be the best. We are thinking of going the week of the 29th during the week for a 2 to 3 day trip (then going back in October for a week to 10 days).

Would the last week of April be the best time to go during our timeframe? How are crowds normally? Weather?

As a teen and young adult we visited WDW in June, July and August - Never again.

Ever since then, we have visited in October - love it! However, our Oct trip this year had to be cancelled. The next available time we could go would be late March through late May. We want to avoid Spring Break and the crowds as much as we can so from what I can tell, the last week of April or first week of May would be the best. We are thinking of going the week of the 29th during the week for a 2 to 3 day trip (then going back in October for a week to 10 days).

Would the last week of April be the best time to go during our timeframe? How are crowds normally? Weather?

For April trips, you have to be careful of when Easter falls. The weeks surround Easter Sunday are usually very crowded.

If you're talking about 2019, the 29th would be a good week to go. The weather will still be hot, but not as humid as summer, unless you get an odd weather pattern. Crowds will likely be in the traditional 5-6 crowd level.

I have been the last week of April ( my birthday is then) every year for 4 now the weather can be nice but warmer the crowds have not been too bad but with Easter so late this year it might be a little more crowded but I think by Monday Tuesday the crowds might die down

I believe Easter is the 21st of April in 2019 which is why were thinking of the week after. It seems so strange to me to think about going that time of year. Not sure why lol

For April trips, you have to be careful of when Easter falls. The weeks surround Easter Sunday are usually very crowded...

Correct...with Easter landing on April 21 in 2019, I would assume the April 21-28 week to be very busy (but not quite as bad as the week prior)

Correct...with Easter landing on April 21 in 2019, I would assume the April 21-28 week to be very busy (but not quite as bad as the week prior)

I realize I worded my post wrong. When I said the "week after" I meant the Sunday after Easter Sunday (not the week following Easter). Am hoping by waiting until the 29th that the Easter crowds will have cleared.

I realize I worded my post wrong. When I said the "week after" I meant the Sunday after Easter Sunday (not the week following Easter). Am hoping by waiting until the 29th that the Easter crowds will have cleared.
I am going the 27 ( my birthday is the 28) I am hoping crowds will die down by Monday or Tuesday of that week. Touring plans has that week at an average of 5-6 that week

we are going April 28 - May 5
Hopefully we made a good choice, and Easter crowds would have cleared out that week.

We went around the same time (week after the week after Easter) last year and had a wonderful experience. Weather was beautiful, not too hot, no rain, no hurricanes and very manageable crowds. I believe it was a spring break week for New England and the Star Tours marathon was the weekend we departed and neither seemed to make a huge difference. That said Easter was earlier last year so I’m referring to mid-April and not the end which I think starts getting ever warmer. It should still be a great time to go though.

I think you will be good with choosing the very end of April -- FL schools are still in session, any other parts of the country have finished their spring breaks. If you can pick 2-3 week days I think you will end up with lower crowds vs choosing a friday - sunday. Definitely hit Epcot one day for the flower and garden festival. The weather is perfect so i don't think you can go wrong with picking this time.

I really like going during the early May time frame. But this past May when we were down there we got hit with a lengthy rainy stretch. I'm not talking about the typical passing afternoon shower that dumps on you and then clears out. It was raining almost all day for 3 or 4 days. So, we just put on our rain gear and went out into the parks. We actually ended up having a pretty good time.

So, while the weather does tend to be nicer during that time, just pay attention to the weather forecast before you go and if it calls for rain on all of the days, pack some pretty substantial rain gear!

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter