SO pissed. Trying to make 60 day FP and system is totally down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers crossed they have these outages fixed by next Wednesday - our 60 day mark.

My husband works in software and he said it sounds like a server issue. Thousands of people getting on at the same time to make FPs inundates their system and the servers can't keep up. He said he sees this a lot with companies that don't want to spend more money to upgrade servers. (Not saying this is what's going on - just a thought)

They need to discover cloud services that auto-scale (if they’re not doing that). They’re the perfect use case since they need a lot of horsepower in these morning windows and way less during the rest of the day. Hopefully that’s on their agenda. It seems to be on everybody else and their mother’s.

Heck, they might could even make it less soul crushing if they didn’t release both the fast passes and dining at the same time. Maybe do dining at 7am and faspasses at 10pm so they’re not competing with each other or park guest fastpss thunderdome.

Last edited:
This post is giving me anxiety! My FP+ day is next month and I am in CA for 4am for me! UGH!

This post is giving me anxiety! My FP+ day is next month and I am in CA for 4am for me! UGH!
Exercise patience when your time comes. I was online st 4am this morning as well. Things didn't start to cooperate until around 4:45am. I wound up getting everything I wanted minus SDD

Well I was able to finally get them working on the website around 45 min later, I got everything I wanted except FOP and Slinky Dog. Looks like I'll be doing some rope dropping.

First - glad you got most of what you wanted.
Second - if it makes you feel better, lots of people have had trouble scoring FOP and SDD, even at 60 days when the website is working perfectly, so the glitch might not be the culprit.
Third - you seem to have a great can-do attitude, and I'll be rope-dropping, too, come November.

Today was a high volume day (check-in the Saturday before Thanksgiving). I expected it and still got extremely frustrated when it did not work.

That said, if your FP+ day hits on a high volume day like today, I think you should expect to have problems and plan accordingly.

The #1 piece of advice I have is to schedule the hard to get ones first. Today, it worked out for me that after I could not originally get in, I was able to get in for about 5 minutes, or just long enough to get FOP, Slinky, and Mine Train. Seriously, it was just those 3 before it crashed again. But, just getting those relieved a lot of anxiety. When it came back up again about 15 minutes later, it worked fine. But, it's entirely possible that I could have lost out on the Big 3 if I had not nabbed them first.

This morning was my 60 day mark - I went in prepared and expected to have issues.

When I first got in at 7am, not everyone in my party was showing up. Logged off and when I got back in, everyone was there. Then I was able to get a FP+ for SDD (on Thanksgiving day!! Woot!). Then I had 45 minutes of getting Olaf or an error stating that all FP+s were gone for each day. I kept refreshing and finally 45 minutes later everything started working.

The minute I got the SDD FP+ I was able to relax, then I just became annoyed with the system!

I just checked my FP’s for the end of October and I “lost” a 7dmt and instead of having 2 persons on each FP, I now have one person. Fortunately, I took pictures of my FP’s a couple of weeks ago, in case they don’t come back.

When you're calling in, is this a call center that you can usually book FPs through like the ADRs? Or is this the help line when the system isn't working right. I'm wondering if it makes sense to call at the same time as trying to book online, covering all the bases in case it goes down.

I've spent a year planning, hours and hours figuring out a plan for FP+, woke up at 5:50am, worked my butt off to save up money to stay at the Poly and will be spending at least 8k on this trip and now the system is saying all fastpass selections have concluded for our dates. I was on at exactly 6 am (7am ET), I was ready to go and didn't get a single thing.

App isn't working either. I tried calling but it's a 2 hour wait.

It makes me want to cancel our trip. Not having a single fast pass will make for a sucky week.
that's awful you did everything right; everything Disney makes you do for "magical trip" and this is what happens t you. They know about all the problems as it's been going on for weeks but won't hire extra phone operators to help. Extra phone operators could have made your fastpasses. It's disgusting and I'm 100% done with Disney. They have shown a real contempt for their customers with this incident. I'm so sorry.

This is making me so nervous for my FP day on Thursday. I am in CST so it is 6:00AM for me but I almost wish it was earlier so I would have more time to fight with it before having to go to work!
Fingers crossed!

that's awful you did everything right; everything Disney makes you do for "magical trip" and this is what happens t you. They know about all the problems as it's been going on for weeks but won't hire extra phone operators to help. Extra phone operators could have made your fastpasses. It's disgusting and I'm 100% done with Disney. They have shown a real contempt for their customers with this incident. I'm so sorry.

I don't know if you saw it, but on the first page, OP has an update. An hour after she posted the original message, she came back to say she was able to "get everything."

They need to discover cloud services that auto-scale (if they’re not doing that). They’re the perfect use case since they need a lot of horsepower in these morning windows and way less during the rest of the day. Hopefully that’s on their agenda. It seems to be on everybody else and their mother’s.

Heck, they might could even make it less soul crushing if they didn’t release both the fast passes and dining at the same time. Maybe do dining at 7am and faspasses at 10pm so they’re not competing with each other or park guest fastpss thunderdome.

Your referring to the process as “thunderdome” has me rolling! :tongue:

Ok now I feel silly for flipping out. I was able to get everything very close to my original times. Disney seriously needs to funnel some of their money into IT. Thanks for the rallying, commiseration and tips everyone!
Because the OP completed all of her FP booking, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter