So now we've seen the Kong POV, what do we think?

At least Kong isn't 'stuck' inside a mountain. If he decides to take an extended breather, they will be able to easily give him a nudge...unlike the poor, sad Yeti @ Everest.:rolleyes1

I'd rather see more animatronics used also, but it seems to be way of the future.

Exactly. Star Wars is going to be screens as well. We may as well get used to it.

I'm thrilled that we got a combination of screens and animatronics. The ride is getting a lot of really good reviews from people who are actually riding it.

USO has been a 3d/4d paradise for a while now..new rides are simulator rides (not counting hulk as that was just a slight re-design not a completely new ride)..I'm guessing it has to do with A) people like virtual realityish type things nowadays B) I don't know for sure but it could be quicker and easier to build and some have added a reason of space constraint (as far as I remember many USO rides are done in less time than Disney though of course they have different approaches to construction).

I knew from early on that the new Kong was a simulator/screen based ride with 1 animatronic actually within the ride. I'm pretty excited about getting to see it next year as well as Fast and Furious and Jimmy Fallon but I do wish there were more rides like Jaws (part of it has to do with certain motion sensitivity and another part has to do with getting bored with all just one type of ride). I enjoy variety. USO is going for appealing their guests as they should be however once their parks are just simulator/3d/4d rides they might be too saturated with that..time will tell if that actually hurts them or doesn't do any harm at all. Aside from the EP the most common complaint I see is there are too many simulator/3d/4d rides.

At least as it stands right now Disney may be adding more screen based rides but they still have sooooo much more variety of types of rides.

I'm thinking that long-term maintenance on animatronics would be much more expensive than digital screen technology. Longer down time, too. They can also change out the scenes more quickly with the screens if they want to change up the ride. I'd like there to be 2 or 3 different scenario options, so each ride could be completely different.

Got the chance to ride Thursday evening. In my opinion it did not live up to the hype. Good attraction. Looks cool but wasn't as good as I had worked it up to be in my head

Story a little disjointed. Queue and finale scene look great. I don't mind the screens as much as others. The 360 degree screen segment is so "Hollywood" but I liked it in Hollywood so I'll be okay with it. I won't get there for a while but am looking forward to the ride.

Looking forward to our trip in August; can't say I'm a fan of the screen business - not going to watch the videos posted -want to judge it for myself.

Good thing ... this has lowered my expectations, which may well, work out in the end :-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter