So NOW DL has low crowds.....

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I'm watching a Kingdom Report YouTube video right now. They say the crowds are really low at DL this week due to so many kids returning to school. 15 minutes for Space Mountain, 5 minutes for Astro basters, etc... This is NOT right. I was just there last week and it was crowded enough.😂 Anyway, a video like this doesn't help my post vacation blues, lol. I already feel sorry for myself enough that I'm not still there, then I see this video. Any Disers there now, or suffering from post vacation blues? Feel free to pout here.

Sunday was truly amazing with the low crowd and I think I was disappointed Monday because I was expecting it to be the same, but it wasn’t super terrible. The morning felt crowded in dland but by afternoon the lines were like 15-30 min max. I also went over to DCA where it’s usually lighter and it was enjoyable.

That's not accurate at all. It has been packed this week. Sunday was fantastic. It has gone downhill from there.
I was there on Sunday and, yes, crowds were amazing. At 2:30 the line for Pirates was about four minutes. I had friends there yesterday and they said crowds got kind of thick around 10:30. I wonder if people are trying to get in the last few days before kids start school again.

In any case, two weeks until new APs are available :-). Yes, I know they call them “Keys” but they’ll always be APs to me :-).

I'm watching a Kingdom Report YouTube video right now. They say the crowds are really low at DL this week due to so many kids returning to school. 15 minutes for Space Mountain, 5 minutes for Astro basters, etc... This is NOT right. I was just there last week and it was crowded enough.😂 Anyway, a video like this doesn't help my post vacation blues, lol. I already feel sorry for myself enough that I'm not still there, then I see this video. Any Disers there now, or suffering from post vacation blues? Feel free to pout here.

we were chatting about it in wonkakid’s trip report:

1) school back in session (or starting shortly)
2) delta variant
3) AP announcement - financial incentive to hold off until after 8/25

if it weren’t for my unvaccinated kid, I would be there in a heartbeat. It’s like the old days of deserted September parks!

To echo the others, Sunday was just crazy short waits and we were thinking we hit the jackpot, but then Monday and Tuesday we ended up waiting in the longest lines I have ever been at for DL. Because previously I would only max pass those attractions. We got into CA at about 8:05 and guardians was already 75 minutes, we took a look thinking maybe it was wrong but the entire outer courtyard was totally filled so we went to soarin and still waited 40 mins at 8:10.

To echo the others, Sunday was just crazy short waits and we were thinking we hit the jackpot, but then Monday and Tuesday we ended up waiting in the longest lines I have ever been at for DL. Because previously I would only max pass those attractions. We got into CA at about 8:05 and guardians was already 75 minutes, we took a look thinking maybe it was wrong but the entire outer courtyard was totally filled so we went to soarin and still waited 40 mins at 8:10.
AM or PM?

Sorry, that was AM, meaning 5 mins after the park opened, it was already a long line and it stayed the way the whole day. Same with DL on Tuesday with much longer lines than either Saturday or Sunday.
Holy cow, I've NEVER seen Disneyland that packed that early in the morning. This just goes to show that I need to bring my invisible cloak with me on my next trip to DL. 😂 I'll just sneak on all the rides.

I don’t know if it was an issue already at opening but Guardians was operating at limited capacity on Monday for most of the afternoon til closed. You would see it say 65 min and I walked over thinking it’s probably half that. But then they would make the announcement that it will definitely be longer due to limited capacity. Then you’ll see the wait time fluctuate between 20 min and 65 when everyone gets the same idea and rushed over. Cars was having issues on Monday too.

I'm really bummed about the Magic Key kicking off on Aug. 25 because the 25&26 are our park days! Holding out hope that since those are the first two days of availability, and random weekdays, there won't be some massive influx of Magic Key holders right away.
25th may be okay during the day, but I expect it to pick up at night, and be busy all day on the 26th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter