• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So many questions... hotels, shuttles, etc.

cseca

<font color=darkorchid>My legs are wimpy but my wi
Hi All,
I tried to do my research on places to stay and such on the web and gotten even more confused than when I started... :rotfl2:

So I am hoping you all could help me plan my extremely short DL trip.

I will be stopping for 1 night/2 day trip and need a cheap and decent hotel to stay in. Hoping for a close enough hotel to walk to DL so I don't have to worry about shuttles.

Also, since I won't be having a car anybody familiar with airport shuttles to LAX? I will need one from the hotel and was wondering if they are easy to schedule.

thank you all so much for your help.

My trip is in less than 3 weeks and I haven't a clue on where to stay.

Thanks so much!!! :teeth:

An inexpensive and very close hotel walking distance is the Anaheim Desert Inn. www.anaheimdesertinn.com

It is VERY close, the rooms are nice and clean and they offer cont breakfast. The breakfast is nothing that will fill you up but it is something.

Unfortunatly I do not know anything about the shuttles.

Thank you so much for your reply.
I will definitely check it out.
:)

We used super shuttle - if memory serves it was about $15 plus tips etc. We pre-booked but there appeared no need to - just collect your bags and walk out the front of the terminal, approach the staff member with a clipboard and hop on the next shuttle. It takes about an hour and will drop you at the door (but may visit other hotels first).

There are dozens of cheap hotels on Harbor Boulevarde within a 2-10 minute walk of the park. The two favourites here are Howard Johnsopn and Candy cane which are about 10 minutes walk, which some find a bit far (though we didn't). Candy cane includes free breakfast, HoJo has a great restaurant across the street (mimi's). Check out the map at the top in the sticky threads for hotel options, then check out their ratings on tripadvisor.

Thank you so much LucyKate!
I was wondering about the time it takes to walk to the end of the block (HoJo).
They're sold out for the dates I'll be there, but I'm hoping for other hotels in the same area.
I've been doing a lot of reading tripadvisors, disboards, etc. but none of them say how long approx it takes to walk to the gate.
The hotels of course will state "near entrance/walking distance/adjacent" LOL!!!
Anything below 3 miles is walking distance to me, but I wouldn't want to walk 3 miles to get to my hotel.

Thanks again... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter