• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So, it's the BIG DAY. AP blackouts lifted! And...

DLgal

DIS Veteran
...parks both seem totally dead 2 hours after opening, at least going by wait times. 20 min wait for RSR at 10am? What?

We were thinking of going tomorrow for one last hurrah before school starts Thursday. I was waiting to see how today played out before committing. Looks like we will be headed there tomorrow after all. LOL.

I know So Cal and So Cal Select are still blocked out of DL until 8/26, but I would have expected a bump at DCA today. Seems not.

School did start today for some So Cal districts.

Interesting! I also expected high wait times there today. We went on Saturday for one last weekend without other APs, and it was pretty busy, but we got a lot done with MaxPass.

I’ve been curious how many Deluxe APs are left.

Obviously my immediate acquaintance group is a limited pool and totally anecdotal, but I only personally know one Deluxe AP who still has a Deluxe pass after the summer DL blackout/price hike. Everyone else either moved to a different pass or dropped entirely. And that lone holdout is planning to change to Flex as soon as she’s up for renewal.

I do still know a lot of SoCal/Select passholders, but many of them aren’t even planning to come the first day they’re back because of “crazy crowds.” And the back-to-school time is usually when parents won’t pull kids out for trips... so maybe the lifted blackouts won’t be bad during the day?

The evenings might be a different story, especially with MSEP running...

I don't know - wait times got up there just as fast as they have been in the past couple of weeks (if not more). 110 for RSR right now. I also note that only about half of the SoCal schools have started (the rest start Wednesday or next week).

I don't know - wait times got up there just as fast as they have been in the past couple of weeks (if not more). 110 for RSR right now. I also note that only about half of the SoCal schools have started (the rest start Wednesday or next week).
LAUSD starts tomorrow

DCA wait times are creeping up. 110 for RSR, 75 for TSMM, 65 for Soarin' and Grizzly, 45 for Incredicoaster, but only 25 for GotG. DL does seem quieter by comparison; most things are under an hour except MF:SR (75 min) and Matterhorn (90 min). I agree, it'll be interesting to see how things go this evening and then on the weekends.

SoCal gets back into DL on 8/26, but SoCal Select has to wait until 9/3 for DL.

Matterhorn will have an inflated wait time because half the ride is still closed, right?

Yeah, I think so as well. Although, I did notice on my last trip, that the Matterhorn wait times seemed higher than Space and Big Thunder on a regular basis. So, while the current wait times are high because half of the ride is closed, I wouldn't be surprised if the wait would have been between 45 and 60 minutes anyway.

So...how did yesterday evening go? I checked the Disneyland app between 5pm-6pm PST and the wait times did not seem too bad. Smuggler's Run was hovering around a 45 minute wait.

So...how did yesterday evening go? I checked the Disneyland app between 5pm-6pm PST and the wait times did not seem too bad. Smuggler's Run was hovering around a 45 minute wait.

Same. I kept an eye on it most of the day and it never seemed worse than the rest of the summer had been. We aren't going this morning after all, because I had the worst insomnia and didn't sleep last night at ALL. We will try for tomorrow, but I will be there for sure Thursdsy morning with one kid who gets to skip the first day of school, as he is a returning 8th grader and the middle schools here only have 7th grades come on day one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter