• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So is December going to be packed?

Mdsleiman

disneyfan
I am really starting to worry that December is going to be wall to wall people!! Our dates are the 16th - 21st and I was hoping that we would miss the biggest part of the rush because Christmas falls on a Monday this year.

Last edited:
It's WDW. It's Christmas. It's going to be busy. My personal feelings on it are :confused3. It is what it is. We were just there for 4th of July and it was busy but not a big deal. We'll be there just as you're leaving. I expect it to be crowded, but it won't really hurt anything.

We are there the 15-23rd. I know it will be crowded but I still think it will be better than the next two weeks.

Of course it will be crowded. We are going Dec 26 - Jan 2. Have an efficient touring plan and go with the flow.

We were there for similar dates last year (16 - 23) and the crowds were not nearly as bad as I had built them up to be in my mind. Embrace morning touring for prime ride riding time, and enjoy slower paced evenings.

Have fun and enjoy the holiday atmosphere - it's beautiful!

As Klayfish said, it's December near Christmas at WDW, it will be busy. You will notice it getting busier each day you are there. And it will continue to get busier after you leave. The standard suggestion is to take advantage of rope drop to get as much done as possible before the crowds stream in. Have you FP+ and dining reservations in place and be prepared to take things slow. It is a beautiful time to visit WDW with all of the holiday decorations and the cooler weather.

Wishing you a magical trip!

We were there last year from the 23rd through the 30th. Was it busy? Of course it was. But, with proper planning it's very doable. The only day the parks actually felt uncomfortably full was our last day, Dec 30, at Magic Kingdom. Beyond that we were able to do everything we wanted, and more. Actually, most evenings we were able to walk on to a lot of rides, esp at Magic Kingdom. I can only guess it's because the parks were filled more with families with smaller kids, and those kids were done by dinner time.

My advice it to plan very well, fast passes, dinner reservations, etc., but definitely go! Disney at Christmas is amazingly magical. We've been 5 times now during the holiday season, and honestly we can't imagine going any other time of year.

Its going to be wall to wall people....the days of slow times at Disney are a thing of the past....but the month between thanksgiving and Christmas is packed....especially since they blacked out Christmas week on regular annual passes

Which is better - first week in December or second? We're considering going this year to see the decorations since we have annual passes.

Just plan wisely! I've been there on New Year's Eve and it was wall to wall people, but we still had fun! That might be the time to only ride something you have a FP for & explore other parts of the parks. :)

I am really starting to worry that December is going to be wall to wall people!! Our dates are the 16th - 21st and I was hoping that we would miss the biggest part of the rush because Christmas falls on a Monday this year.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the week you're going. A lot of schools aren't getting out until the 20th or even after, so by the time they get there, you'll be gone. The first part of your trip will be the best, but I'm betting even your last day won't be near Christmas week busy, and closer to just regular busy.

Its going to be wall to wall people....the days of slow times at Disney are a thing of the past....but the month between thanksgiving and Christmas is packed....especially since they blacked out Christmas week on regular annual passes

The WHOLE month?? I don't think so. The week after Thanksgiving through the 2nd week of December are three of the best weeks to go all year long, crowd wise. If that's your definition of packed, I'd hate to see what the actual week of Christmas looks like to you.

I go every year the first week of December and the crowds are very manageable. Don't let people discourage you due to Pop Warner _ I am Childless by Choice and I've NEVER had issue with the PW kids in 15 years of staying at the SAME resort. April Summit Cheer OTOH.......

IN other December trips, I have noticed the crowds thicken daily starting about the 14th: use rope drop and you should do well. The MK is a MADHOUSE each and every day starting about one, so it's a good time to hop or go back and rest.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the week you're going. A lot of schools aren't getting out until the 20th or even after, so by the time they get there, you'll be gone. The first part of your trip will be the best, but I'm betting even your last day won't be near Christmas week busy, and closer to just regular busy.

The WHOLE month?? I don't think so. The week after Thanksgiving through the 2nd week of December are three of the best weeks to go all year long, crowd wise. If that's your definition of packed, I'd hate to see what the actual week of Christmas looks like to you.

I was there the first weekend in December and they closed the parking lot at DHS....so yup, thats my definition of crowded

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter