So if not WL, then where should I stay?

DisneyJColeMom

Mouseketeer
Wilderness Lodge is apparently closed thru 2021. They offered to move me to Kidani Village Savanna view. I wasnt ready to decide on the spot, my trip is next April now. I picked WL Nature View room because of the apparently heavy Disney theming & wanted a deluxe resort. (We’ve never been there). Also I loved the idea of the ferry to MK & possibility of seeing fireworks either from my room or elsewhere at the resort. (Of course assuming fireworks are back on in 2021, they are a must for us.)
So where should I stay? Where should I ask to stay, or be happy to be upgraded to if they mention it? I like the Savanna view idea, but AKL doesn’t offer the whole ferry/possible fireworks option. Is the Kidani Villa Savanna view a fair trade? AKL main lodge/Jambo is closed supposedly all of 2021 too. What Deluxe resorts get you guys excited??

We booked a deluxe studio at Copper Creek because WL was closed. The Copper Creek villas are in the Wilderness Lodge, so it is almost like staying at there, except without the fireworks view. :) We prefer WL nature view room, but they aren't taking reservations yet.
This is an option Im definitely looking at as well! Hard to visualize the setup of the Lodge never having been there, but I learned on here that CCV seem to be part of the main lodge! Don’t laugh at me, but for whatever reason, the pictures of the decor at CCV don’t do it for me compared to what I wanted at the WL. I liked the WL rooms better, both the older ones, and the renovated look that we might have gotten as well! Definitely a silly thing I guess lol, as Im sure it will feel the same with the resort being so beautiful!! The CCV rooms are nice in person? Do they feel “Disney”?

You will find plenty of pictures and a lot of information on the Wilderness Lodge thread. Picture the lodge as a U shape with the lobby at the bottom, the WL in one wing and the CCV in the other wing. They share all amenities.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...villas-and-cabins-information-thread.3372315/
The CCV rooms are very nice, but different. We prefer the WL rooms because there are two queen beds rather than one queen and a sofa bed. But we really want to stay at the WL, so we are trying out the studio.

This is an option Im definitely looking at as well! Hard to visualize the setup of the Lodge never having been there, but I learned on here that CCV seem to be part of the main lodge! Don’t laugh at me, but for whatever reason, the pictures of the decor at CCV don’t do it for me compared to what I wanted at the WL. I liked the WL rooms better, both the older ones, and the renovated look that we might have gotten as well! Definitely a silly thing I guess lol, as Im sure it will feel the same with the resort being so beautiful!! The CCV rooms are nice in person? Do they feel “Disney”?

The CCV rooms are beautiful and in the same building as the WL resort rooms. You could also look at pictures/video of the Boulder Ridge Villa rooms to see if those appeal. The BRV building is just next to the main WL/CCV building. If you really want a deluxe with easy access to MK, but not a DVC resort, look at Poly, GF and CR.

We booked a deluxe studio at Copper Creek because WL was closed. The Copper Creek villas are in the Wilderness Lodge, so it is almost like staying at there, except without the fireworks view. :) We prefer WL nature view room, but they aren't taking reservations yet.
Are you allowed to visit and sit inside the beautiful lobby when staying at Copper Creek?

Wilderness Lodge is apparently closed thru 2021. They offered to move me to Kidani Village Savanna view. I wasnt ready to decide on the spot, my trip is next April now. I picked WL Nature View room because of the apparently heavy Disney theming & wanted a deluxe resort. (We’ve never been there). Also I loved the idea of the ferry to MK & possibility of seeing fireworks either from my room or elsewhere at the resort. (Of course assuming fireworks are back on in 2021, they are a must for us.)
So where should I stay? Where should I ask to stay, or be happy to be upgraded to if they mention it? I like the Savanna view idea, but AKL doesn’t offer the whole ferry/possible fireworks option. Is the Kidani Villa Savanna view a fair trade? AKL main lodge/Jambo is closed supposedly all of 2021 too. What Deluxe resorts get you guys excited??
We chose not to stay at AKL due to limited transportation options, which is especially important to us this trip. We moved from Yacht Club to the Polynesian since we'll have monorail, boat or bus options.

Also, we love everything about Wilderness Lodge and want to stay CCV. But, rooms with the pull-down murphy bed or daybed work better for us, because our kids can sleep in different beds.

I was hoping to try WL (main resort) next July. When you say “closed through 2121,” do you mean you saw information on it about the entire year?

If so, I’ll need to pay closer attention to the alternatives suggested here!

I was hoping to try WL (main resort) next July. When you say “closed through 2121,” do you mean you saw information on it about the entire year?

If so, I’ll need to pay closer attention to the alternatives suggested here!
I was told by multiple cast members, one of them very adamantly, that Wilderness Lodge will be closed all through 2021. Even hearing it so cut & dry I still dont believe it lol. A part of me wonders if things/when things get better, if they WILL reopen. But as of right now thats whats going on. Im talking about the main lodge. The Villas, Copper Creek & Boulder Ridge are open, and apparently Wilderness’ restaurants are open too. I heard Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo house in not open. This also concerns me with staying at Kidani, because does that mean the restaurants will be limited as well? Will the Jambo side restaurants be closed? Or open like Wilderness lodge restaurants seem to be?

The Villas, Copper Creek & Boulder Ridge are open, and apparently Wilderness’ restaurants are open too.
I don't think Artist Point has reopened at the WL. It was character dining which we know is now on hold but still 1 restaurant down at WL.
Will the Jambo side restaurants be closed? Or open like Wilderness lodge restaurants seem to be?
Right now the AKL Jambo House food options are closed until further notice.

Dave

I don't think Artist Point has reopened at the WL. It was character dining which we know is now on hold but still 1 restaurant down at WL.

Right now the AKL Jambo House food options are closed until further notice.

Dave
So what options are there on Kidani side? Artist Point being closed makes me sad, thats a character dining experience I was very much looking forward to.

I didn't have to take a second about this. Beach Club!
Does Beach Club feel “Disney” to you? Like have Disney touches in the rooms and stuff? What do you love about it? I live in a Shore town lol, so for me beach themes are like normal life 😂😂

Does Beach Club feel “Disney” to you? Like have Disney touches in the rooms and stuff? What do you love about it? I live in a Shore town lol, so for me beach themes are like normal life 😂😂

For my 40th birthday, my wife took me to Beach Club. It holds a special place in my heart, especially with the massages, dinners and lunches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter