So I guess no room discount deals?

acarsme123

DIS Veteran
Normally deals would have been posted by this time for March spring break time frame. Guess that’s not happening this year?

Discounts are used to help fill empty rooms. Disney like most other travel related industries is still trying to determine how long it will take for things to recover from covid. While staffing remains a concern, they likely can't open every hotel to full capacity. Even when they offered discounts in the past it was only for certain hotels/room categories and dates.

they’ve released discounts for the following March in October the last few times we’ve gone for Port Orleans. But I figure maybe demand is through the roof for the 50th so maybe they don’t feel the need this year.

Discounts are used to help fill empty rooms. Disney like most other travel related industries is still trying to determine how long it will take for things to recover from covid. While staffing remains a concern, they likely can't open every hotel to full capacity. Even when they offered discounts in the past it was only for certain hotels/room categories and dates.

Discounts on what? It would be a discount for Disney to actually release some value resorts at rack rate.

Last edited:

maybe I’m having amnesia, but I’m pretty sure every time we’ve stayed at PO during spring break time frame, we’ve gotten it for under $300/night. Now I just paid over $300/night for it. They always used to have lower rates come out in October for the next March booking period.

Discounts on what? It would be a discount for Disney actually release some value resorts at rack rate.

maybe I’m having amnesia, but I’m pretty sure every time we’ve stayed at PO during spring break time frame, we’ve gotten it for under $300/night. Now I just paid over $300/night for it. They always used to have lower rates come out in October for the next March booking period.
Jan through April discounts used to come out sometime between the end of September to the end of October. You are correct.

Right now I think Disney is waiting. They will offer discounts only to fill rooms. The discounts of the past and the codes are I think ... more than likely ... of the past. If they do resurface I anticipate they will be less. Keep in mind the new "rack rate" is higher so if you that is the case the overall cost, even with discounts will be higher.

Discounts have been coming out much closer to travel dates recently.

Yes. We got our YC discounted room in July for mid August. With the discount we switched from CR Destino Tower to YC Garden View for just a little more. But it was still more than we have ever paid for a YC Room that time of the year.

I just paid $350/night for POR for 3/5 thru 3/12 and it's not even spring break. Did you get $300/night from the regular portal?

What is "rack rate" these days.....

I'm paying $271 (weekday) to $305 (weekend) for POFQ in November. I had hoped for a Fall Discount but tbh at this point I'm glad I booked in for what I did, since there is so little availablitiy and no discounts.

Although funny enough those discounts sites keep popping up on my socials with discounted rates, not much of a discount but some, however I don't use 3rd party booking so I just ignore them.

The 'Rack Rates' I've seen even for Values is crazy right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter