So I asked WDW about the tv remote cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizgistix

resorts fan
I sent a message to WDW asking about the cleaning procedure with the television remotes and the bag they're put in. Turns out it's to let you know that the remote has been cleaned and it's safe to take out of the plastic bag. After a guest checks out, it will be cleaned once again and put into a new plastic bag with a sticker so you know it's been properly cleaned.

I'm also thinking it would be better for the next guest if one takes it out of the bag instead of using it while in the bag.
But that's just my perspective on it.

I like that idea that they clean them and place them in a bag so you know it's clean. Hopefully people are smart enough to take it out when using it so the staff knows it needs to be cleaned instead of thinking it wasn't used.

I'm glad you asked because we've been leaving them in the bags. Pete said he was glad they were in bags in a podcast long ago but I'v e been thinking it was to keep it clean until opened by the next guest.

I keep my remotes in bags (or otherwise wrapped in plastic) at home 100% of the time, (my kids always seem to have sticky fingers and I don't like my remotes all nasty). So it was pretty normal for us -- we didn't remove them from their bags in our villa. We also barely watched TV, except for turning on the weather/park hours channel every morning (I love the music!).

I like that idea that they clean them and place them in a bag so you know it's clean. Hopefully people are smart enough to take it out when using it so the staff knows it needs to be cleaned instead of thinking it wasn't used.

That's what I'm hoping people do, so mousekeeping doesn't get the wrong idea. I can see how someone's good intentions (leaving it in the bag) could be misconstrued while cleaning the room.

Bring your own wipes or disinfectant. We just got back from stay and brought our own to wipe things down if we were concerned. We had issues with our AC while at BLT and have 5x someone come inside our bubble to work on it. After they left we wiped it all down. We are all humans and we make mistakes. While you’re worried about the remote I’m sure you pick up the phone when it rings in your room without thinking twice

I sent a message to WDW asking about the cleaning procedure with the television remotes and the bag they're put in. Turns out it's to let you know that the remote has been cleaned and it's safe to take out of the plastic bag. After a guest checks out, it will be cleaned once again and put into a new plastic bag with a sticker so you know it's been properly cleaned.

I'm also thinking it would be better for the next guest if one takes it out of the bag instead of using it while in the bag.
But that's just my perspective on it.
On our trip last week, I did leave it in the bag while we were in the room, but made sure to break the seal before we left.

I guess we’re not that smart because we left it in the bag at Pop in July! 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’ve read about so many people on this board putting it in a ziploc bag before COVID that I didn’t even think about it.

Another option would be to take your own plastic bag from home and place the remote in it and use it that way. Then you aren't touching the keys/buttons which I would imagine are fairly difficult to thoroughly sanitize.

I've been doing this for YEARS. I travel a lot for work and I have a mini Lysol bottle that I keep with me specifically for remotes. Before I touch the remote in any hotel, I spray it down with Lysol and then I put it in a plastic bag. Where it stays for the duration of my stay there. I'm talking... years and years of doing this. I don't know why it's taken hotels so long to catch on! :confused3

With a kid with cancer we got use to bringing our own everything when we go places.. including sandwich bags for remotes etc. But my favorite thing we have is a uv light wand . We use it on our cell phones every day. They now have them at walmart for $10 in the school supplies section.
I paid 30 on amazon pre covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter