So, how is the candlelight processional at Epcot, right now?

Bete

DIS Veteran
Just curious if the high school choirs are back?

What are the differences you noticed from going pre-Covid?

I heard it was no high school choirs just going to be CMs. We were there on Sat and whoever it was that was singing sounded amazing as was the orchestra and seemed the same length with the same songs as the other times we had been.

So excited, just nabbed a dining package reservation for Sat. Dec. 4th..Jody Benson!!!
So..how early do I need to get inline for the 5:15pm show? I have read that dining is limited so the line should not be too long, but are they social distancing in the outdoor theater seating areas too? I do not need up front, I have found all the seats in that theater are decent, I just want to get a decent spot and not waste "around the world" time. So happy, we saw Gary Sinese a few years ago and am now hooked on this event!!!
TIA!

Will there be any general seating? That is, seating where you didn't have to sell the car to get the meal for the family. They had it in the past, though it was limited.

yes there will be some open seating. The lines for it are usually huge. They wont be let in until after the package seating has been open for awhile.

Will there be any general seating? That is, seating where you didn't have to sell the car to get the meal for the family. They had it in the past, though it was limited.
There are only 6 dining locations this year that offer Candlelight Dining Packages compared to 19 locations in 2019. So there are fewer people using that package entrance.

On Dec 1, people were getting on both lines an hour (or more) before showtime. I had Dining Package for the 7:00 show and was on line at 6. After Dining Package were seated there was still plenty of seating available, and social distancing was not requested. From what I could see, standby line was filled but there was still seating available by show time.
The orchestra and choirs were awesome, Voices of Liberty are always a delight and Chita Rivera glowed! It was an amazing evening.

We topped it off by riding Living with the Land to see the Christmas Lights- we walked right on. Awesome!

Last edited:
How long does the processional usually last? I was able to get a space 220 lounge reservation at 7:50, but didnt know if I'd have enough time to get there after the 7pm show or if it would even be over by then.

We were there the day after Thanksgiving (first day of the holiday festivities) and while people were lined up an hour or more prior, neither line (dining package and standby) seemed nearly as long as in years past.

How long does the processional usually last? I was able to get a space 220 lounge reservation at 7:50, but didnt know if I'd have enough time to get there after the 7pm show or if it would even be over by then.

The show is 45 minutes, you'll have 5 minutes to get from American Gardens to Space 220. In the past I've found the restaurants giving people time to get there. Can anyone chime in on how much late time they give lately?

The show is 45 minutes, you'll have 5 minutes to get from American Gardens to Space 220. In the past I've found the restaurants giving people time to get there. Can anyone chime in on how much late time they give lately?
I kinda thought that was the length of time, but wanted to verify, thanks! I do have an option for the early processional so might do that if I can’t adjust my space ressie. I had an 830 time selected at first which would have been perfect, but it wouldn’t let me complete the booking 🤦‍♂️

I would do the earlier show. We did it last week and so enjoyed it. You would be really rushed to get to the restaurant. We did Space 220 as well. They aways have a standby wait of people without a reservation. I would not think they would hold your reservation much past the reservation time. It was the only place we ate last week that we could not check in on line. It had to be done in person.

We were at the Processional last night, and it was as beautiful as always, even without the high school choirs. Just wanted to say that they’ve added more standby seating. The front section and the first 5 rows of the uncovered section were for dinner packages, which we had. Then they had a rope across the theater and all the rows behind that were for standby, so many standby guests were able to get in.

We were just there a couple of days ago. The choirs are cast member choirs and it's just as lovely. The line for seating was pretty long about an hour before the show.

We waited in standby for the first night (second show) about 45 minutes. I believe everyone got into that show that had lined up.

We were there last week. We bought the package and ate at Garden Grill for the 7:00 show. We got on Test Track about an hour and half before the show. Wouldn’t you know it broke down! We were stuck in there waiting and I was afraid we were going to be late. Finally they had a cast member come walk us out of the ride.
We made it about 6:50 and the front seats were full, but there were plenty in the middle and back.
I really don’t think we needed to buy the package because there were empty seats after it started. Epcot was really crowed that night too.
It was a beautiful show and we enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter