So.......How early do you start to pack before your trip to Disney?

Wait.. people don't have an emergency Disney trip grab bag ready at all times next to their home emergency/earthquake kits? hmmm...

Last edited:
I keep things semi-packed. We travel very often/not just to Disney (we average once a month), and I’ve found the only way I’m not spending huge amounts of time packing and unpacking is to just keep things ready to go. I keep a dresser in the room where I keep the suitcases. As I unpack, I refill any toiletries that need it and put things in the dresser.

I keep a packing list saved on my computer and print it off 3-4 days before a trip. I spend an hour or two over the next few days gathering the things on my list that aren’t in the travel dresser, doing laundry, etc. The day before we leave, I add clothes and anything else last minute. I try to pack by the order we’ll need things on our trip, so I often have to wait until the night before we leave to load things into the suitcase, but I’ve gathered everything and have it nearby so it’s an easy task.

i don't pack. As a previous poster stated, I have a suitcase ready with everything I need. When i come back from trips, I launder my "Disney" clothes and pack them right back in suitcase, ready for next trip. I always have ponchos, filter water bottles, sun hats, sneakers, etc. in suitcase, along with any meds or first aid. After years of going to WDW, you tend to build up an arsenal of clothes you'd never wear anywhere else!:laundy:
Wow. That is so responsible and I bow down to your preparedness. Try as I might to be "early" on my planning and packing, it rarely happens.

Like some others, I have a suitcase that stays semi-packed for travel with toiletries and other random things we only use for travel. I also have a packing list I created that's saved on my computer, so I'll pull out the suitcase and print off the list about a week before we leave. I take an inventory of whatever is in the suitcase and refill whatever needs refilling and then pack the clothes and shoes last. I like to be prepared ahead of time so I'm not caught running around at the last minute to get something I don't have.

a few hours before we leave. anything more then that, and I forget what I pack, and have to check my suitcase messing it all up.

I do night before since I hate clothes getting wrinkly. I do have a “disney drawer” though that has all my non-clothing stuff for the trip, so I just have to grab that and go.

I pack 1-2 days before a trip. I do keep a Disney packing list on my computer that I print out each time I pack for a trip.

Seems like we, wife and I, are in the overwelming majority.Do all laundry going with us. Gather the things that will go with us in a common area. Basically ready to go a week or two before we go. There are so many things wa all have to do on a daily basis that make it hard to pack for a big, possibly once in a lifetime, vacation. What works for us is to do a little bit at a time over the two weeks prior to departure (HINT: if teen girls are involved tell them to start getting ready three weeks before departure). We have found this reduces our stress a tremendous amount as departure day approaches. I truly think that forgetting something when going on vacation is high on the list of vacation related anxiaties. So why not eliminate it?

Last edited:
We pack the night before for all vacations. I can be all packed in 30-60 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter