• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So how crazy is the 50th going to be?

Spridell

DIS Veteran
So crazy that when you click on Saratoga, 2 bedroom preferred villa, the ONLY nights sold out for the entire year are Sept 30 and Oct 1

THATS HOW CRAZY!!!!!

Every single room in every single category is now sold out for Oct 1 in ALL DVC resorts.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    317.9 KB · Views: 13
That is what worries me. I won't be there that week. I am going the week after. But I have never seen it like that. I don't understand it either - Disney is usually not a one-night celebrater. They generally celebrate for months if not a year. Heck Halloween goes on for 3 months.

That is what worries me. I won't be there that week. I am going the week after. But I have never seen it like that. I don't understand it either - Disney is usually not a one-night celebrater. They generally celebrate for months if not a year. Heck Halloween goes on for 3 months.

The 50th celebration will go on for 18 months.

I think the reason Oct 1st is sold out is because people just want to say " I was in the MK on the exact 50th"

The 50th celebration will go on for 18 months.

I think the reason Oct 1st is sold out is because people just want to say " I was in the MK on the exact 50th"
Plus - there are a lot of extra points in the system right now, there is pent up DISNEY demand and the vaccine roll out is making so many hopeful that it will be safe to travel again come this fall. Thus the urge to celebrate the 50th is even stronger than it might otherwise be. :)

Plus - there are a lot of extra points in the system right now, there is pent up DISNEY demand and the vaccine roll out is making so many hopeful that it will be safe to travel again come this fall. Thus the urge to celebrate the 50th is even stronger than it might otherwise be. :)
Yup.

I will be there on the 50th. Today is the 7 month for sept 30th, I was trying to switch out my home resort for another. LOL LOL LOL what was I thinking.

If this vaccine roll out continues as planned, I think we are going to see a VERY VERY busy fall and holiday season this year.

Generally the highest demand night of the year for which rooms disappear quickest beginning at 11 months out is Dec 31. For 2021, rooms for the dates of Sep 30 and Oct 1 disappeared about 4 times faster than they ever did for NYE, e.g., every room at BLT booked full within moments after 8 a.m. at 11 months out.

Usually a celebration like the exact 50th on Oct 1 means Disney parks will have once in a lifetime character appearances, celebrity performances, shows, fireworks and things like the fire breathing dragon that flew over MK, and some special merchandise.
With the current restrictions, it may just be a very minor version of the typical birthday party.

Yup, I agree with everything you just said. I was vaccinated in December/January, my adult kids are scheduled to receive their first dose this coming weekend. We'll be there 15 nights in September, overlapping into October and I had secured 10/1/21 MK reservations a couple months ago thinking it would sell out.

I do think its going to be crazy, but we expected it. We've been to several sold out events in DLR where the park was at capacity, so we're used to navigating in that environment and still have a great time!

Definitely going to help make the 50th as busy as Disney decides they want it to be.
Glad I'm going to miss it.
However, I suspect later October will still be busy.

All of these reasons are why we are about 99% sure we are postponing our November 2021 trip to November 2022. I'm so happy that the celebration is lasting 18 months! Hopefully, it won't be as busy next year.

For Disneyland's 50th, on the actual date (I think it's July 17th), they had to open California Adventure at 7:00 AM just to have a place to hold people. And I think their celebration went on for at least a year.

Well, some people did book, including me just in case. I am currently holding 5 rooms for those dates at different resorts and different rooms sizes because we didn’t know who was going or if we will definitely go. At some point, I’ll release when we decide since we are hoping our cruise goes instead.

But, all those rooms disappeared as soon as people could get them.

This is a valid point...if Disney announces basically nothing exciting for the 50th, I would imagine a lot of rooms coming open 32 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter