So Excited!!!!

sm4987

<font color=deeppink>What us women do to be beauti
30 days to go. We leave in less than 30 days for Disneyland!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't be more excited.

Anyone have any great tips that I can start collecting before we go? 2 kids 5 and 9, and we are going for 5 days!!! Staying 7 days in the resorts. Anything at the resorts that we should not miss???? The Parks????

You will have a great time! Don't miss POTC. If you can eat at Blue Bayou by the water. If you have any boys they will love the pirate store "Pieces of Eight." Hopefully your two year old will be big enough for Splash Mountain-40 inches. Mine wasn't last time but he was big enough for Matterhorn (he just turned 2 then and loved it). You have to see Fantasmic. Second showings are always less crowded. Your 5 and 9 year old will love the Indiana Jones ride. If you eat breakfast at the park River Belle Terrace is cool because you can see the Rivers of America and eat Mickey Mouse Pancakes. Walt was said to have eaten here most Sundays. Prepare your 2 year old for the HM elevator part. Ride the train at least between Tomorrowland and Mainstreet to see the painted murals. Walt's apartment is over the firehouse on Mainstreet and :wave2: the light is always on. Obviously get to the Peter Pan ride as early as possible because it is always crowded. At CA your kids will love the area that you can rock climb and ride tires down a rope and stuff. Do not miss Soarin' over CA, Grizzly rapids (2year old to small), and CA Screamin'. If you watch A Bug's Life be prepared that your 2 year old will probably not like it a bunch. I have not seen Playhouse Disney but heard it was great. Watch the ELP. At DDT we always eat at Rainforest Cafe. There is a Build a bear that regardless of having one at home you will more than likely spend some time and money in. If you go to a character breakfast Goofy's Kitchen is a good choice. Have a wonderful trip!

If your kids are into getting autographs, buy an autograph book and pen before or as soon as you get in so that you can get the characters signitures when you see them.

Our family secrets:
Go early (before opening), leave for lunch, swim/nap in the afternoon, come back for night parades and fireworks...you avoid the worst crowds that way.

Always hit Fantasyland early in the AM...these rides get horrible lines in just a short time.

Do Aladdin Show ASAP...it's the best stage show, period.

Go AROUND the castle when you can instead of thru...princesses hang out at the sides of the castle.

Use Fastpasses for EVERYTHING you can...you can also use them after they expire (just not BEFORE their time).

Use babyswap w/the youngest one on the big rides...this gives your older ones two rides in a row (one w/you and one w/your spouse). During the summer in the past there have been activities for younger kids outside the big rides.

We went April 22 through 27 it was so crowed. That it was not fun. We stood in line 2 hour and 10 min. I have never seen it this packed

My dd almost 5 and I went in mid april and had a great time. Get to the parks when they open, (actually 1/2 hour before) know What you want to do for the first three or four things and off you go. you can do a lot of rides early without waiting in lines.
We ended up renting a stroller for my almost 5 year old. (her choice) and it helped a lot. She never uses one at home anymore (we don';t even still own one) but it make getting around easier she could rest and faster, since I can go faster strollering her. If you rent, take a cheap scarf (I got one for 94cents at walmart) and tie it to the handle. It makes it easy to spot and no one messes with it.

Playhouse disney was fun, and so was the snow white show.

We stayed at the DLH and she loved the fish ponds and remote control boats. (see our trip reports, mom and abby's great adventure)

Just remember to pace yourselves and not try to do too much in one day or everyone will get cranky. We would leave mid day and go back to the room and rest and/or swim. Also, eat before the little ones are starving. (I always push this one, and she is starving and cranky)

have a great trip.

Thank you so much for your replies. I was hoping that with 5 day park hopper tickets, that we would have plenty of time to do everything over those 5 days We have an autograph book from Disneyworld.

I guess I should have been more clear as we have only two kids one girl age 6 and a boy age 9. I will definately check out the pirate store as he is a typical boy!!! I've made my dining reservations and have the dining vouchers. Our family is so excited and we are so ready to go.

Also, does anyone know of a great beach for a family????????????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter