So Disney VISA users, how are you spending your 100 Disney $$

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
I am thinking of using of surprising the family with a special character meal.

If I am correct, as a bonus for signing up for the visa card, you get 100 point reward points. I am not sure, but I thought I read something about this.

Originally posted by rsschneck
Explain please! What was the bonus?::MickeyMo

There was a $100 cash bonus offered for trips booked with the Disney Visa.

I believe it was tied in with the "Kids play free" offer. When booking a vacation package with ANY Visa card, children between 3-9 received a free Unlimited Park Hopper for the duration of the stay.

Additionally, if the trip was booked with the DISNEY Visa, $100 in reward dollars were given to the cardholder.

If memory serves, the promotion was for stays in January and February '04, and had to be booked by 1/4/04 (or somewhere thereabouts.)

DD4 is getting a Pal Mickey! (OK, so maybe it's for Mom too...)

As for the other $40 Disney Dollars, DD will get her autograph book and Epcot passport (we're doing Epcot our first day). I'm sure this time around there will be some Figment plush or t-shirt that she just absolutely cannot live without.

15 Days! Pretty soon I'll be doing the SINGLE digit dance! Wahoo!

Originally posted by tjkraz
I believe it was tied in with the "Kids play free" offer. When booking a vacation package with ANY Visa card, children between 3-9 received a free Unlimited Park Hopper for the duration of the stay.

Additionally, if the trip was booked with the DISNEY Visa, $100 in reward dollars were given to the cardholder.

If memory serves, the promotion was for stays in January and February '04, and had to be booked by 1/4/04 (or somewhere thereabouts.)
Sorry for any confusion. Yes it was the "Kids Stay & Play Free" promotion and you did have to reserve by the fisrt week in Jan 2004. I found out about it from the wonderful folks on this board.

I am thinking of about a special meal - my kids are anxious to go to Chef Mickey. They know about our Breakfastaurus ressie but am saving Chef Mickey as a surprise.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: pirate:

We are DVC members and have AP's, so I guess the package wasn't something I was interested in. I remember the package, but did not read the fine print.

Thanks for explaining!

Enjoy spending those reward dollars!:teeth:

We got our 100$ with the Disney kids stay free package. The 100$ are disney dollars and we are using them to treat ourselves to dinner at Ohana's for our 10th anniversary.
:earsgirl:

Dont Forget!!!....
That since you USED your Disney Visa, you also earned MORE reward dollars!! You earn 1% of what you charge so if your trip was $2,000, you earned $20 bucks!!! We used ours for Christmas shopping, then paid it all right off so we could earn more dollars and we also have our trip on there! Check your statements and see what your rewards bonus is. If you are leaving within 2 weeks, you can get your rewards dollars at any Park's guest relations. I called too late, and the rewards card was expected to arrive today. since we leave tomorrow at 6 am, the man I spoke with told me just to take my Visa Card to any guest relations and you can get your rewards there!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO

I have planned a character meal at Chef Mickey's for us. That oughta pretty much wipe out the $100.

AimeeM,

Be advised, you can only get the rewards card from teh Downtown Disney Guest Services. I ran into the same scenario. They give you a "blank" card, you then call the number they give you to charge the card with your points. Also, your card is only good for 1 year from activation. If there are any points left over after the year, they become void.

Good luck.

We got our Disney Visa on 'Day 1'.....think by the time we head down in June we'll be able to get a free hot dog from the vendor on the Boardwalk! ;) :teeth:

We have a uPromise account too.....they way that's going we think we might be able to buy the kids a textbook! :crazy:

Seriously though.....we primarily use our Delta AmEx to rack up miles 'cuz they have double miles on several types of regular purchases. So far, only way we can get Skymiles tickets to Orlando through Delta from Cincinnati is to make several stops all over the Mid-West and Eastern US, but I'm still hoping!

Guess I should be more appreciative.....still am getting 'something for nothing!'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter