SO disappointed in Earl of Sandwich

Memories, Subway bread smells so good when you walk in. I remember when the subs were so good, and instead of cutting them sideways, they would cut out a wedge right on top to fit your cold cuts etc. To compete with other fast food, they gave up on quality.
We used to go to Mr. Sub. That was the only sub place around back in the 70's/80's. When Subway came along, I hated that wedge they cut out. I didn't start liking them until they stopped cutting out that wedge.

Oh, man! We LOVE EoS and choose it over most other places at DS. We strayed last time - Polite Pig and Poutine - and are making it our destination this time. I would never describe the bread as biscuit... I love the taste and texture of it. I get the holiday or the All American based on if I am feeling like having stuffing. I absolutely love them both. And, the cole slaw...drool.

Sorry you did not enjoy!

This is what the bread SHOULD look like...

EarlofSandwich_01.jpg

My family and friends all love EOS.
I get the original every single time so I can't speak to any of the other sandwiches.
Since there are a limited amount of EOS and none anywhere within driving distance of myself I generally go at least twice every trip to WDW and I literally went every day at DLR.
You probably should have read the description better.
Sounds like you may have gotten something similar to a Monte Cristo if it had ham, cheese, and a sweet sauce.

ETA: Actually I see they have a ham and swiss breakfast sandwich that looks like it could be a biscuit. Again not their fault that you ordered something that is not what you wanted.

Last edited:

I’ve been hearing how wonderful earl of sandwich is for years. I had a ham and cheese sandwich tonight, and it was truly horrible.

Are all sandwiches served on a big 2” thick biscuit? I would have been ok with a roll, bread or croissant - but a biscuit made it seem like a breakfast sandwich. It crumbled in a million pieces and just fell apart even though the sandwich was kind of dry.

The sauce was something that was ultra sweet. And the ham was kind of slimy. Tasted like that ham made from pressing ham pieces together.

I ate two bites and threw the rest away. Oh well - it was quite reasonably priced by Disney standards. But I won’t be going back.

The sandwich I had there a few weeks ago was on a sub roll, and it was quite good. I was pretty happy that it was as good as it was for a very reasonable price.

I can't get past you taking two bites and throwing it away. If I had purchased a sandwich and it was that bad, I would have been back up at the counter speaking to a manager and having them replace it with something else. Why wouldn't you at least let them try to fix the problem for you?

Sorry to hear about your report! I went back in Jan. 2017 before Blaze and a bunch of the newer QS offerings were around. I ordered the vegetarian wrap with the dressing on the side and an order of pasta salad on the side. 1 word. DELICIOUS! Sorry you didn't have the same experience.

Why is Earl of Sandwich so well liked? Three words: Holiday. Turkey. Sandwich.

I really am not sure where this "biscuit" that everyone keeps referring to come from. Unless it is on their breakfast menu, I don't think Earl has such a thing. Their sandwich bread is pretty normal if you ask me.
I was wondering the same...lol. I've never seen anything that looked remotely close to a biscuit at Earl of Sandwich except for breakfast.

We now choose to get the wraps and salads at Earl of Sandwich. Both are really delicious. The thickness and amount of bread on the sandwiches became just a bit too much for us. However, as mentioned earlier, it is a personal choice :)

Aww, that is too bad! Mine always look similar and are delicious! We love them SO much!
The Florida Turnpike probably has a lot to do with it, frankly I've never eaten one anywhere else. Maybe I need to take a closer look at Disney.

Your idea of a biscuit is so much different than mine. I've eaten lots of biscuits - mine, and at restaurants - but never did they look like an Earl of Sandwich meal.

The sandwiches that I have eaten there are very tasty with a slight crunch - love them, and they don't crumble! And wow, the line to get in there near lunch time! We don't eat a lot of sandwiches out, but we do usually eat at EOS.

We’ve always had a great experience with the Earl. The line moves fast, the bread isn’t anything remotely like a biscuit......but neither is the "popping fresh" things either......that stuff's nasty and most certainly not a biscuit. The holiday sandwich is really good, really big, and with a cup of soup my college boy and I can share soup and a sandwich and be perfectly content. We are anticipating our Christmas trip, and the Earl is one the whole family looks forward to.

The Earl is one of the few very reasonably priced things at the Disney Mall (not the mall in epcot) and until that changes it will continue to be very popular. I think it better than Subway (which I'd have to be out in the middle of nowhere and desperate to even think of stepping foot in) and Jimmy John's or Firehouse and on about par with Jersey Mike's. And even though it's at Disney, it really isn't any more than those other places are here. Sure. I'm not going to make any special trips to go there. But when you're with a bunch of band kids and the wallets toward the end of the trip are getting light and you're at the Disney Mall, well it's Earl of Sandwich all the way. I've never had a bad sandwich there.

My favorite is the one with Turkey, Stuffing, and Cranberry Sauce. This sandwich is not for the faint of heart when it comes to messy. It's as messy as they come. But it's good. I've never had a bad sandwich there.

The only time I've not enjoyed Earl of Sandwich is when I accidentally ordered the whole wheat bread at Disneyland. It was super dry bread. I shrugged, ate the filling out, and saved calories and carbs by tossing the roll. I've not ordered wheat at Earl since.

I generally enjoy whole wheat bread, but not all places are the same. Firehouse subs has good wheat bread, as does Subway, and even Which Wich at the airport.

If it is intolerably terrible, take it back up to the counter and get a refund or replacement. I have done this before and usually, I get good results if I have to exchange. (I've not done it at Earl, but I have in other food places. As long as I'm not acting like a jerk or seeming like I'm scamming, it goes well.)

We tried it twice because everyone seems to like it but didn't care for it either. The last time we went I returned a soup, it was really not good.

I have never seen the appeal of that place - even before I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy.

My parents and sister were like "We HAVE to eat here. It is so good!" I took a couple of bites and was like "Um, it's a sandwich. And it's NOT great." I don't know that I'd say the bread was like a biscuit, but it was not this life-changing thing for me that others seem to think it is. I think I ended up going to Wolfgang Puck Express and getting food I could eat that day. Or I just skipped the rest of lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter