So Cal Resident Ticket Question

Travelingmom22

Earning My Ears
We are headed to DL next month and my ILs who live nearby will be coming with us. My MIL mentioned there are some So Cal resident 4 day ticket deals so she was thinking of buying them for us to save us money (I guess she can buy them at their local grocery store).
When you buy those types of tickets, do you need to show IDs at the gate when you redeem the tickets? I wouldn't want her to buy them and then find out we can't use them and there is a chance they may not be with us when we enter the park the first day.
Any insight would be helpful, thanks!

The technical answer is that you have to show proof of residency at the time of purchase and admission according to the terms on Disneyland.com.
Valid only for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999; proof of residency is required for purchase and admission.

I haven't actually tried using a SoCal ticket, so I don't have any personal experience, but there have been a few threads in the past. This one from last year seems to indicate that at least one person in your party will need to have a valid SoCal ID the first time the tickets are used.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/socal-residents-deal-can-resident-buy-for-non-residents.3240656/

Call disney and ask. I called and was told my parents who live in ca can buy them. We weren't sure if my parents were coming with us or not but we were told we could use them and they did not have to be there. I asked about needing ID at the gates and was told we didn't need proof of residency to use them. Double check to make sure you get the same answer. Worst case scenario would be you need to pay the difference but a few other people reported calling and getting the same answer.

I was just there last week and used a 3 day SoCal ticket that my sister bought for me. They did not check a proof of residency at all. My sister was only able to go with us on our second day but we had no problem using them on the first day without a SoCal resident.

In case anyone is still looking to buy the So Cal discount tix. Irvine Spectrum is offering them at $10 off for $129. They also are adding an Irvine Spectrum $25 gift card to sweeten the deal even more. While supplies last. Just go to any of their guest services kiosks.

A friend of ours who lives in Southern CA has offered to buy 4 tickets for us; he does not plan to accompany us into the park.

Could at least one of us be asked to show proof of residency photo id?

Strictly speaking, as posted above, the terms and conditions of the residency ticket are explicit in stating that proof of residency is required for admission.

A friend of ours who lives in Southern CA has offered to buy 4 tickets for us; he does not plan to accompany us into the park.

Could at least one of us be asked to show proof of residency photo id?

Strictly speaking, as posted above, the terms and conditions of the residency ticket are explicit in stating that proof of residency is required for admission.
There is no current So Cal ticket offer. But yes, they can ask for proof of residency at any time. I used one in 2014 and was asked on my second entry.

He was offering to buy Southern CA tickets/passes.

So are there right now discounted tickets on sale or not, for Southern CA residents?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter