So are you impressed with the NEW dvcmember.com?

So are you impressed with the NEW dvcmember.com?

• Yes! Very impressed! It's so pretty.

• Eh. It's only satisfactory.

• No. Bored now. What a pointless site "upgrade".

• Are you kidding? It's just as bad as before, if not worse.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think its a joke. With Disney's resources, the upgrades they are talking about should not take another 18 months. I think the unique password thing is pointless until they actually get some unique CONTENT.

I haven't logged in but I have a question.

Did you really think there would be online reservation capabilty? I think that based on the demands and pickiness (myself included)of the membership that online ressies will never happen. How can we think that online ressies will work since we all make demands and pleas? How many times has a CM finagled to get us what we want?

My guess is that if we got online reservation capabilty we would be mad if there was no wait list option. Or we would be mad if we couldn't link reservations or borrow points for a second contract at the 7 month window.

Be careful what you ask for. You just may get it. ;)

:( not impressed. although not expecting online reservations, thought there would be something new. would like the ability to at least see if there is availability at a resort before calling ms.... I think ms is terrific, but we always seem to talk about future vacations when ms is closed, and then we have to wait to find out if anything is available for the time period we are discussing...

i agree, disney certainly has to have better IT resouces for site development..can't imagine it taking til the end of 2005. Just think if we tried to give a completion date like that to our work places?!!:earseek: I don't think I'd have a job anymore!:confused:

maybe it is a budget issue, but i agree, what's with all the glossy hype that hit our mail boxes. plus, we were promised each member would receive their own id etc...so far, we've only received one in the mail.

AAHHH!!!! I can't even open the $%#@& page!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :crazy2: :scared: :headache: :confused3

It pains me to say that I am disappointed in the site. While it is nice to have the same "look" as the rest of the Disney sites, it is fundamentally lacking in content. As others have said (and honestly, I did not read this thread before checking out the website), I commented to DH "How can a multibillion dollar corporation call THIS an upgrade??"

After all the focus groups and online surveys, one of the most prominent concerns voiced by members, was a points management system. I could understand having to wait for online reservations, but as others have pointed out, Caskbill and Frederickson haver had versions of points management systems out for quite a while. They seem to manage to deal with the upgrades! <SIGH>

It was probably a mistake to send the teaser cards out with the "new" logins, etc., making you think the new site was going to be magic. Not!

Nancy :earsgirl:

I think we need to give them a chance to work on it. It seems fine, although I expected there to be more to it. I am sure once they get things going and continue updating it will become a very impressive and useful resource.

Give it some time

E

I had no problem logging in. While logging in I was overly excited to see the new site. Once it came up I was extremely dissapointed. I certainly am not impressed with the navigation. The appearance is an improvement. I was really hoping to being able to manage my account. Since that is not availabe I felt really let down. Until today I was not able to go and view any of the resort information (maps, videos, etc). So it is my guess that the site is being worked on and I am willing to give them a chance.

I was disappointed. Yes, I now see my name when I log in, but when I want to do a quick view of points to be spent, my options are more linited than before. I find that feature much more cumbersome than it was before.

I do think there was way too much hype with the sending out of special pin numbers, etc. What did it really hurt to have everyone going in as dvc member and welcome home. Perhaps they'll be offering perks now that they can track your every move on the site???

Originally posted by bonzie1
Perhaps they'll be offering perks now that they can track your every move on the site???

Bonzie1 ------------ I think you hit it on the head

The thing looks nice and plays nice music & all, but where the heck is the info? I can't even find the pdf files that used to be there!

It seems that everyone's hopes were raised that there would be some personalized aspect to the new web pages, especially points management. But in reading over the e-mail that comes after you register, I think the personalized aspect is for the purpose of targeted e-mail notices. Here is the text from the e-mail, from which I have omitted the URL:

To manage your Free Notification Service Preferences, please update your preferences profile at:

Have been busy,

and seems like I'm not really missing anything at this point.

Guess I should do it in the next week or so....

Goldi

I can't get on it. It appears to be down. Anyone else had this problem? Says site is too busy. Worse part is we haven't logged on yet so I don't know if it's us or the site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter