• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So a co-worker just said to me...

EsmeraldaX said:
I did not laugh in her face...but I did tell honestly that 1 day would probably just be enough time to hit one park, and do the highlights.
A perfect and honest response, which I'm sure she appreciated.

A lot of people grew up hearing about Disneyland, and many think that WDW is the same thing, only in Florida. A park with a bunch of rides and characters, maybe with a hotel or two. They don't watch all the TV specials, read the guidebooks, go three times a year, plan for 8 months, etc. It just bugs me when someone asks an innocent question about a place they don't know anything about and then everyone jumps on the "how clueless can they be?" bandwagon. Not everyone is a die-hard Disney fan.

:earsboy:

It took me so long to reply because I was laughing so hard I couldn't type!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Thank goodness she has you to help EmereldaX!

WDSearcher said:
A perfect and honest response, which I'm sure she appreciated.

A lot of people grew up hearing about Disneyland, and many think that WDW is the same thing, only in Florida. A park with a bunch of rides and characters, maybe with a hotel or two. They don't watch all the TV specials, read the guidebooks, go three times a year, plan for 8 months, etc. It just bugs me when someone asks an innocent question about a place they don't know anything about and then everyone jumps on the "how clueless can they be?" bandwagon. Not everyone is a die-hard Disney fan.

:earsboy:

No, not everyone is a die-hard fan, but considering how much a vacation to WDW is, that alone should give them a clue that it is not a "drop by" type of park.

I know many people who have never been to WDW, do not watch the specials or read the books, and they still know enough to call and ask me for advice. So, yes, in this day and age, anyone who thinks they can "do" Disney in a day in clueless, IMO.

EsmeraldaX said:
"I was thinking about going to Disneyworld this summer for one day...<pause>
Is that enough time?"

Yes it is because he only wants to see "disneyworld" not the other parks :teeth:

For all my Disney clueless friends, I just point them straight to the Dis! :teeth:

I find that many folks who are unintiated think the MK and Disneyworld are one in the same. That is probably what your co-worker was referring to...probably wants to go to the MK for a day.

Wow. Are there still "those people" out there? The non-Disney folks! What would the world be like w/o WDW? Where would I spend my free time, if I'm not writing on the "dis boards?"

I need two 10 day trips a year at WDW. And I have been to WDW nearly 35 times.

Let us know how this progresses! :earboy2:

hahahahhaha, I love the DIS for stuff like this. one day,i hope he just means MK for one day, which still isn't enough

Last night my boyfriend and I went out to dinner and on the way he was like-and you're going to be in Epcot and Disneyworld(I leave for LA 2day and we're going to DL) and I was like-nope, not Disney World, DisneyLAND and he turns to me and goes-same difference. :earseek:

I almost peed in my pants!!! but at least he knew WDW and knows the parks(he lived in Florida for 6 years...lol)

we just need to educate the world...lol

Does your co-worker know anything about WDW? Has he/she been hit on the head recently? Been living under a rock since 1971?

Even though I am a consummate planner and major WDW fan I can understand that there are plenty of people who know little or nothing about what a trip to WDW "could and should" be.

As several have said, at least this person asked! That's better than those who have no clue with no map even and stand in my way when I am entering a park!

I guess my husband has actually helped me by being "Disney resistant" and agreeing to go only every few years while letting me go on my own once in awhile! He helps me see that not everyone is knowledgeable nor even interested.

And we have traveled across the US, Hawaii and England together and seen and heard some of the same behaviors everywhere we've been!

JMHO

EsmereldaX,

Sorry this is off topic, but...

I just love love love your current pic of Monty Dog and Dodger. Dodger is sooooo cute! Every time I see that pic I just want to pick him up and hug him! It seems from all the pictures I've seen of the 2 of them that Dodger really loves his big brother!

-Laura

Actually, it might be a fun topic for a reality show. "Doin' Disney in a Day".

They could have a contest to see who could do the most stuff in 24 hours. I would watch. :rotfl2:

I HATE these conversations:

"Where did you go on vacation?"

"We went to Disney!"

"Did you do anything other than Disney?"

"No, we just stayed on the Disney property."

"You mean you didn't go to EPCOT???"

:rolleyes:

Seems everytime we get home, I have this conversation at least twice!

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter