Snuba??? not a typo!Need more info?

Jeanne434

<font color=navy>Teacher's pet and now sucks up to
I just read in ancient thread about something called "Snuba" in St thomas. This is a cross between snorkeling and scyba diving I guess. Sounds like a blast and you need no scuba certification to participate. Anyone know anything about this or a guess as to where to get more info??

I saw a special on the travel channel that mentioned snuba.
you have a tank that you are tehered to, You can go down further than snokerling.
Check the travel channel website.
DH just said its like xnokerling with a hose.

You need to look here:

http://www.coralworldvi.com

It's a VERY cool place! We havn't done the snuba ourselves, but it looks really cool. The only reason we didn't do it is we didn't bring bathing suits with, not knowing about it in advance.

BTW, they call it 'Sea trekkin' on the site. :P

I knew I was asking for info at the right place! Thanks for all your help. It looks like fun- we may give it a go!

My DD really wanted to Snuba on our trip (Western), but I could not find a provider that met our needs. If you go to Google and use "snuba st. thomas" or just "snuba" as your search terms (no quotes needed), you'll get some hits. I remember that there was a site entirely devoted to Snuba (maybe snuba.com?!) and it had a database of providers.

Good luck!

It is wonderful! My Mum (69) and I did it almost 2 years ago in St John. There was nobody else but our guide and as my Mum was very nervous he stayed with her the whole time. It was an experience of a lifetime - she loved it! We booked it oursleves online and can heartily recommend it - I am sure it is the same company that does it in St Thomas but we wanted to see St John. Trunk Bay is out of this world.
Wendy

You're still making our famiy Celebrities Dave? Thanks for the publicity...LOL.

Anyway, that is our family in those SNUBA pics. They all loved the SNUBA and would like to do it again someday. The pics were part of the pkg deal at Coral World in St. Thomas...on the Eastern.

Jeanne434 - Not sure which ancient post you read , but below is a link where I wrote of our great experience with SNUBA at Coki Beach, St. Thomas. If I can be of any other help, please feel free to contact me. Hope you have a great time.:D SNUBA thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter