• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snowbirds staying at FW?

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
I thought I had read a post a while back about the snowbirds "season camping" for the winter months. Am I correct about this? Actually a few posters were complaining about it & others thought it was great & would love to be able to do it.

Anyway, my parents do the "snowbird" thing in the winter & next year would like to be near Orlando. I mentioned to my mom that I thought you could "season" at FW.

Does anyone have information on this such as price, restrictions, etc? Thanks for any info anyone comes up with. :)

Mel

I don't know too much about this, but when we stayed in Loop 200 in Dec, we did notice quite a few trailers set up 'for the duration'. I was speaking to a CM who was working on the pony rides while DH took DD around. She said that Disney offered a 'substantial discount' for people staying 60+ days. She also mentioned that you could book a site for up to 6 months at a time, then you would need another ressies and change sites. I would suggest either calling CRO or FW directly and asking them for more details.

Colleen

PS I remember when we were down in 2000 and stayed in loop 700 speaking to an elderly couple. They said they arrived right after Thanksgiving and weren't leaving til March. Must be nice!:smooth:

Wow - I guess that could be a dream-come-true in my retirement years!!! Only about 20 more to go!!!
:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter