Snow?!

california37

Mouseketeer
hi all
We leave for dlp on Thursday morning to spend the weekend there-just wondering on snow as it’s forecast... I can’t temember what rides close due to snow? Is it the same as rain?
Dumbo and autopia are already closed until Friday but I was wondering about big thunder and indie and crush?!
Anyone there now (I think it snowed today!) thanks!

Currently at Disneyland Paris in the snow with my girlfriend Anna. Unfortunately most everything was shut today that is outside (even outside for just a few seconds like Crush). Closures due to snow included Big Thunder, Indie, Crush, Space Mountain, RC Racer, Main Street Vehicles, Railroad, etc... even the Alice's maze was shut :( Sorry for the bad news. On the up side, we rode Ratatouille (which is my fav Disney ride ever, even over Avatar Flight of Passage and Radiator Spring Racers) over and over and over with empty cars all around. It felt like we had the ride to ourselves. Noticed so many details that we never had previously. That was so magical because as DLP regulars know even in off season the wait is often 1+ hours. Also, the snow was like a blizzard during the fireworks (which did happen even in the snow!) which created the coolest effect ever with the lazers and the bigger fireworks that light of the entire sky. It was magical. As a Disney regular it was just awesome to have photos of people throwing snow balls at each other in front of the castle. But at the end of the day, DLP is less prepared for snow than Disney World is for hurricanes!!! They were using brooms in an attempt to sweep the snow and nothing was salted!!! Lastly, for those going dress super warm! Unlike Disney World when it is super hot (and they compensate with way too much air conditioning) every indoor bit was still too cold. We even ate within the restaurant with our coats on leaving us to believe that Disneyland Paris heating is not designed for freezing temperatures. We had fun but also laughed at our super bad luck. Anna and I have now experienced a hurricane in Disney World (we were stuck there last September) and basically a small blizzard here in Paris all within a year. But then again, we've spent more than a month between our park visits, and Disney Cruise which is more than most get in a life time. So I guess we are lucky overall lol.

Hey
Thanks for your reply! We did go a few years back in Feb and it snowed-looked pretty with a white cover (the castle) but I must admit I was hoping for no snow ❄️ ⛄️ I know there’s nothing I can do about it! Just hope the kids won’t be super bummed about some of the rides being inaccessible!!
Our kids are young so my main thing will be to keep them warm! We’ve packed jumpers and layers of coats etc... just hope it doesn’t get worse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter