Snow White and Seven Dwarf ride

marinejjh

DIS Veteran
Is it me or does it seem like this ride is down all the time? I have checked to wait times on my disney app and it is down about every other day. Seems like a lot for a new ride. Makes me wonder if booking a fast pass would be worth it?

It's down whenever it is raining, and it rains almost every day in Disney World in summer. Usually the rains lasts only about 30-60 minutes only though. Are you checking MDE around the same time each day?

There's probably a whole lot of posts on the DIS about planning for the rain WDW experiences. I personally don't bother. You never know exactly what will happen so planning for every possibility is impossible. So, at least in my opinion, go ahead and FP it and hope for the best.

Is it me or does it seem like this ride is down all the time? I have checked to wait times on my disney app and it is down about every other day. Seems like a lot for a new ride. Makes me wonder if booking a fast pass would be worth it?
It is down for weather more often than not. If you book a fastpass for it and the SDMT is down during your window, you can return at any time the rest of park hours to use the SDMT fastpass or substitute the fastpass for a ride listed in an email you'll receive from MDE.

Rode this one twice. Christ the madness when this park opens and people are trying to get to it. Parents were leaving there own kids behind. I guess the rush of it all is what makes it an experience.Had to wait maybe 5 min in the morning but once we rode it there was a 60 min wait. This was at 9:05 Am. We were there pretty early upfront for the Rope Drop and there still must have been 50 people or so who got in front of us.

Rode this one twice. Christ the madness when this park opens and people are trying to get to it. Parents were leaving there own kids behind. I guess the rush of it all is what makes it an experience.Had to wait maybe 5 min in the morning but once we rode it there was a 60 min wait. This was at 9:05 Am. We were there pretty early upfront for the Rope Drop and there still must have been 50 people or so who got in front of us.

I guess this is a result of the FPs being gobbled up 60 days in advance. The late to the party planners and off site guests only have 5 minutes to get there before an hour wait.

I can't wait to see if the new Frozen ride does the same thing. I actually liked Maelstrom much better than the Dwarf Ride. Actually I think the Dwarf Ride missed on all counts. Not a coaster, not a dark ride, not well themed, no coherent story. I think I prefer Gran Fiesta tour.

personally love seven dwarfs i think it flows nicely its basically puts you into the story of snow-white it done finish it but it sorta just spins you through it briefly (I love snow white, though lol)

personally love seven dwarfs i think it flows nicely its basically puts you into the story of snow-white it done finish it but it sorta just spins you through it briefly (I love snow white, though lol)

I can see where you are coming from. I really like the Jungle Book, so anything with King Louie singing "I want to be like you" would make me happy. Even a one minute family coaster.

I like Snow White too. I like that the components from the old ride are there. But the mine scene doesn't connect with the story other than it is a mine train. The ending cottage scene is cool but out of place. It doesn't fit the movie or the story of the ride really. Other than that I didn't see much else but the vultures. It can't be considered a dark ride hybrid with so little story of the present. As for a coaster? The slow down through the mine right at the time for the big climactic finish was simply strange. With FP there is no buildup either. I have no idea in the story why I'm boarding the train. I will try it again in October to see if I am missing something. But I've watched the YouTube video a few times just to see...and I don't find much of a story there either.

Honestly, if this ride was a family coaster AND pulled off the classic dark ride elements and it was about 6 minutes long, it could have been the new Haunted Mansion. Better than Peter Pan. Dare I say....better than Pirates of the Carribbean in Disneyland? Maybe better than Splash (just as good without getting wet). But 1.5 minutes of unfulfilled potential leaves it as a 3 on my scale 1-10.

If you watch the ride from the Enchanted Tales side, that very short piece of track looks cool. From the outside it does look well done. The potential was there. It is like the Little Mermaid ride; it is beautiful from the sidewalk. But a ride called Under the Sea is screaming to be a water ride. The animatronics are low quality, and the story part is missing all the conflict and drama. It might have worked better if it was a tad longer and called Sing Along with Ariel.

I wonder if the popularity will wane in the future the Dwarf Mine Train, or will it stay as hard to get as Peter Pan?
One last thing, even though I think the ride video is cool that they provide when you are finished, they had to repeat the same footage because the ride is so short.

I disagree, the 7DMT is a amazing attraction, the coaster is just as it was intended to be a family coaster, with the latest in movement and the swinging ore carts. The theming over the top and the audio animatronics the best. The story is clearly there, but when you come down to it, every one knows the story, its a Disney classic.

Now all that said I do agree with you that, if it has a short coming, it is a bit short, I think your 1.5 minutes longer would be just about right.

Now I can see we will not agree, but that is ok.

AKK

It is down for weather more often than not. If you book a fastpass for it and the SDMT is down during your window, you can return at any time the rest of park hours to use the SDMT fastpass or substitute the fastpass for a ride listed in an email you'll receive from MDE.
This happened to me at Epcot, however I didn't know about this and don't check my emails at the park so went back later in the usual line. Thankfully I know this now. 7DMT is good, but agree that there probably should be more to it, maybe more like they did with Splash Mountain.

This happened to me at Epcot, however I didn't know about this and don't check my emails at the park so went back later in the usual line. Thankfully I know this now. 7DMT is good, but agree that there probably should be more to it, maybe more like they did with Splash Mountain.

Yes! I think it could have been a classic. The few animatronics that are there are incredible. I think the story would have been better if you start out in the Mine with the dwarves and the HI Ho, slowly build into ride. The dance scene at the end with the incredible witch is so out of place. There are no other scenes.

The rocking carts are a fun addition. The complete slow down right at the climax of the ride is mind boggling to me, why would they do that?

Great components, it just feels unfinished to me.

Last edited:
I love 7dmt. Our last trip we had 2 fp for it, went down both times so we got the "rebooked on some random thing or come back anytime to ride 7dmt" email which was fantastic!!

So, i have a fast pass for this when I go in Oct/Nov.. in your opinions... should i cancel... im a solo traveler over 21...would it be worth it at all for me?

So, i have a fast pass for this when I go in Oct/Nov.. in your opinions... should i cancel... im a solo traveler over 21...would it be worth it at all for me?
Its a cute ride, really fun if you are not expecting a thrill ride.
I'd keep the FP, because I'd never wait in a long line for it. (But I'm a person that has never felt the need to wait more than 40 minutes for ANY attraction)

Keep the FP and make your own judgement of whether or not you like it. If it happens to be down all day, you'll get a FP to replace it and it won't be a waste. If you give up your FP now, it may be hard to get another later if you decide you want to ride.

Thank you everyone :) Definitely have been torn, reading that its worth it and not. Found a day I can fast pass it but didn't want to waste a FP if the ride was meh

I loved this ride! Rode it three times last week. Once with FP and twice waiting. I found it worth the 50-60 minute wait as it was still under construction the last time we were there. No, it's no thrill ride. I wasn't expecting it to be. It's very cute and a fun addition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter