Snow Day at the Resort!

DreamSweetsLove

Loves Mickey
Today it snowed nonstop at TDR, it was absolutely incredible! I was tweeting live al day today so if you would like to see a rare snow day at the resort please check my twitter at https://twitter.com/DreamSweetsLove

It's so cliche to say but it really was truly magical! I did feel awful for the people celebrating coming of age day though as it was not good weather for their kimono but at least the snow was better than the rain we had in the morning. It is extremely rare for us to get so much snow and for it to stay snowing. At Disneyland it's a few degrees warmer than DisneySea so it also usually does not last even half the day so it was really wonderful to see the entire park blanketed.

The Tokyo Disney Resort Cast was also absolutely amazing today! It was tough weather to work in and hard work shoveling so much snow and it snowed all day non stop! I think all the guests at the resort today would like to give a huge thank you. They never stopped smiling and gave it their all.

Getting home was the hard part but after a few hours we manged it and are nice and warm now! :)

Tha is incredible! We leave fro Tokyo today! Hope we get to see some more snow over the next few days!!!

Wow, great photos! Everything looks so different! I'm glad the CM's were making the best of it, truly magical! :)

downunder said:
Tha is incredible! We leave fro Tokyo today! Hope we get to see some more snow over the next few days!!!

It's warm today but it snowed so much there is a good chance some will be left over tomorrow. DisneySea will be your best bet for snow!

I don't know if it will snow more but it might be better for your trip that it doesn't. This amount of Snow especially in January is a huge shock and while today things seem to be a little more on schedule the city transportation yesterday was a nightmare. The TDR monorail kept running the whole time though which was great!

Wow, that would be something to see!

Do the rides still operate?

I am amazed at the extremes in Japan, I never expected Japan to have extreme heat in July, nor snow, especially on the coast!
Hopefully April will deliver a happy compromise for us!

Wow, that would be something to see!

Do the rides still operate?

I am amazed at the extremes in Japan, I never expected Japan to have extreme heat in July, nor snow, especially on the coast!
Hopefully April will deliver a happy compromise for us!

Many of the rides still operate but the outdoor ones like Dumbo are closed. The parades could not run either because it was a heavy snow and the last issue that can happen is that shows may be cancelled on a day like yesterday or in the case of typhoon days because of the trains being stopped. This much snow though is really really rare, there is still snow outside from yesterday!

Personally I love the summer here though I'm definitely in the minority! Spring and Autumn are much nicer weather wise and if you go during there week it is usually very manageable in terms of crowds. I think you are going to have a lovely time in April and hope you can catch sakura blooming!

One last thing! The Tokyo Disney Resort official blog has a blog post with beautiful photos of the snowfall yesterday! Hope you enjoy!
TDR Blog

Amazing photos! And very surreal--It's so odd to see snow-covered landmarks that you're used to seeing in sunny Orlando or Anaheim. It looks like the Cast Members were making the most of the weather. Thanks for all the great pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter