snoring problem

Did it help with his quality of sleep? Was he more rested?
I’m sure he will feel more rested in the long run. He didn’t feel he had a problem. We are still in the beginning stages of this but it has Bluetooth that connects with an app on his phone and he is doing better every night with the apnea episodes. We can actually sleep in the same bed again.

Any one know of industrial strength earphones

Industrial strength, no. But both my parents snore LOUD so whenever I try to save a few bucks by sharing their hotel room, I definitely pay a different price. I have found the only thing that has worked for me is sleep headphones, avaialble on amazon for less than $20. They are like a headband you wear around your ears with flat/padded speakers so when you lay on your side it isnt so uncomfortable. I pair that with those little foam earplugs, and a white noise app. It is enough to block out the noise so I can sleep.

What if you shared the queen with one of the boys and your wife took the pullman sofa? It won't help with the noise, though.

I’m sure he will feel more rested in the long run. He didn’t feel he had a problem. We are still in the beginning stages of this but it has Bluetooth that connects with an app on his phone and he is doing better every night with the apnea episodes. We can actually sleep in the same bed again.

I've been using a CPAP for about 8 years now and it has saved my marriage and most likely my life. It took a couple of years, but now I'm fully in compliance and use it every single night. I'll even put it on if I lie down for a nap oftentimes. I sleep through the night most nights and am happy to use it. It was a pain in the butt at first, but now that I'm used to it I can't imagine not using it.

DS got the snoring device from Amazon on recommedation from his MIL. She swore it worked for him. Didn't work for him. Just finished a sleep study, waiting for the results.

DH uses a CPAP......best thing that ever happened to us. Took 2 years for me to get him to do something.
BFF and I travel together a couple times a year. After a 2 week cruise with me getting very little sleep, we get separate rooms everywhere now.
Good luck. Sleep is a good thing!!

Regarding the coffee table, it is also possible to ask your cabin steward to remove it during the length of your cruise. :)

Exactly what I do on the magic and wonder. The table has no purpose for me on the magic and wonder. On the dream and fantasy it’s a good place to put your dirty clothes.

There's the verandah! We had a guy in our group once use the cushions from the couch to sleep on the balcony. He was a strange one but said he slept like a baby out there.

Add me to the not understanding what difference it would make list. The floor to the bed is all of about 6ft maybe, so I would think the snoring would be heard just as well.

I think the issue in this case isn't hearing the snoring, but giving the snorer the optimum bed situation to minimize the snoring.

I think the issue in this case isn't hearing the snoring, but giving the snorer the optimum bed situation to minimize the snoring.

Maybe, but it isn't clear from 'someone snoring' which one it is. Those are queen beds, so not sure how the extra space would help the snoring.

DD uses foam earplugs to block out noise (and a sleep mask to block light) since she has to go to bed early to be at work at 2 am.
She started using them on family trips as a teenager because DW and I both snore and we would only get one hotel room.
We're going to Spring Training next year, and she has the money, but I think earplugs are a lot cheaper than a second room at $276 a night times 3 nights,

This was me a month ago. My husband didn’t want to do a sleep study and definitely needed something. He tried every anti snoring apparatus available. I recently heard about Lofta resmed mini apap machine. It’s better than a cpap because it self adjusts to the person’s breathing patterns. It requires no humidifier water because it comes with humidity discs. He got the nasal pillows because he didn’t want a full mask. It’s super small for travel. They let you try it for free for 30 days. You need a prescription but no sleep study. It took him a a couple of weeks to get use to but now, no more snoring or even breathing hard. This is definitely life changing, for me, the non-snorer.

What's a nasal pillow? I can tell from the pictures on the Lofta site?

Have you considered a white noise machine? We set ours to wave sounds and the whole cabin sleeps well. The bonus is that most double as night lights.

I don't know about others, but my biggest problem with most noise machines is that I'm so cognizant of rhythm in sound that I can hear the pattern in a lot of them, which keeps me up as I anticipate the rhythm. We've only found a few that are truly random or have a pattern so long that it seems random. We've had several white noise machines over the years and every one of them has wound up relegated to the scrap heap because they ultimately kept me awake instead of putting me to sleep. I wish there was a way to pump in sound from the verandah. The sound of the waves knocks me out if I sit out on there too long. I actually wound up putting together a randomized chill music playlist that doesn't wake me up. I stream that through a Bose Soundlink II at night and we both zonk out.

Then again, I'm also the guy that counts stairs, steps across the kitchen, etc. so take that as you will. :oops:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter