• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snacks & TSA

FiggyFan

Mouseketeer
We are taking our 2 1/2 yo grandkids (twins) to WDW next month and would like to take some snacks for them on the airplane. What can you take though Security ? Has anyone had any problems getting though Security with food ?

As long as it can't be pured, smeared or dipped you are fine. Another way of putting it it has to hold its shape when out of the container. No liquids, gels, applesauce, peanut butter etc.
The tsa website has extensive information on this

If the contents of a container are emptied out, and they don't hold their shape, they can't be carried on in anything larger than 3.4oz size containers! I would plan on bringing non-liquid type things, and buying liquids after you pass thru security.

As a relatively infrequent flyer I was surprised by the way the restrictions are often stated in the media. You CAN have liquids and snacks on the plane. You can't take the liquids (as described above) through security. I am rarely without a bottle of diet coke and was pleased to find that you can have it on the plane so long as you purchase it past the checkpoint. At least in the couple of airports I have been in, there is a lot of options past security.

So, pack your dry snacks, buy your liquid, jells, etc past security, and you should be good to go.

Food is fine to take through TSA as well as onboard the aircraft.
There are restrictions on liquids over 3.4oz as mentioned above but there are also exceptions for traveling with babies and toddlers (although they probably don't apply to a 2yo).

Anything purchased after the secure checkpoint can be brought onboard the aircraft.

If you haven't flown recently I recommend going to the official site of the TSA for the most up to date information on what you can and can not take through security, who has to remove shoes and who can leave them on etc.

Here is the link to the general info on TSA screening:
http://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening

This link deals with traveling with children:
http://www.tsa.gov/travel/special-procedures/traveling-children

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter