• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snacking Around the World

MattsPrincess

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle
We'll be in the parks for 2-3 days in a month and would like to experience more of Epcot, as we missed a LOT this past trip due to biblical rain. We really like the idea of getting to sample food and drink from "around the world", so what are some of your favorites? We don't do a lot of 'big meals' while traveling, so small snacks would be better. No dietary restrictions.

So, what country, what food/drink, and why?

My son will eat the fish and chips every meal. I like the grey goose slushies. At restaurant Marrakesh I like to stop in and get an appetizer, the baklava sampler, and one of their specialty drinks: the one with cranberry is the best. In Germany I get a brat and an Oktoberfest. My wife likes to get the Wine sampler which gives a little taste in Italy, Germany, and France. I like the Plum Wine in China. In Mexico I spend time eating chips and guacamole and trying Tequila. In Italy, Tutto Gusto has lots of small plates to try, and everything is good. I like the Moretti La Rossa there. But Via Napoli has great pizza, so I usually want to indulge.

I have sworn off buffets, but my goal next trip is to get a piece of cheese cake from the Biergarten. So, I will see how to pull that off without buying a buffet. Maybe I will tell them it's my birthday or something.

Tokyo Dining is usually empty during the day. I go in there just for sushi.

I have drank and eaten around the world several times. Italy rates highest on the food and beverages.

Croissant Doughnut with Soft-serve Ice Cream tossed in Cinnamon Sugar.

This is available at the refreshment port right before you get to Canada.

It is supposedly a snack credit which I will confirm next month!!

Pot stickers at Lotus Blossom in China.

Kaki Kori in Japan.

Ice cream in a crepe in France.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter