Snack and beverage increases! Oh my

wow $7 for a pretzel is pretty steep. We don't snack much when we are there, but sometimes do get the pretzel's. That's almost the price of a meal at quick service.

My first reaction to the pretzel price was "ooof that's a lot"--then I remembered that's exactly what I paid for a pretzel at the hockey game I went to this weekend. Prices going up everywhere and of course Disney is leading that charge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My first reaction to the pretzel price was "ooof that's a lot"--then I remembered that's exactly what I paid for a pretzel at the hockey game I went to this weekend. Prices going up everywhere and of course Disney is leading that charge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree. But a hockey game is a one day event. Dealing with those prices for a week trip, for a family of four, starts to add up quickly.

We normally enjoy getting the pretzels, but there is no way I am paying $7 for one. This is definitely going to reduce the number of snacks and drinks that we buy, and I will be bringing more into the parks.

If you haven’t already seen the news, prices are going up, a lot! My precious Diet Coke is now $4.50! I will be getting a grocery delivery for beverages and bringing my own with me. A mickey bar is just not worth $5.75, to me.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...bean-beach-resort-now-accepting-reservations/

Previous prices are in parentheses
    • Bottled Water – $3.50 ($3.00)
    • Bottled Sodas – $4.50 ($4.0)
    • Fountain Drink, Small – $3.99 ($3.29)
    • Fountain Drink, Large – $4.49 ($3.79)
    • Mickey Bar, Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich – $5.75 (5.00)
    • Frozen Banana – $5.75 ($5.25)
    • Olaf Frozen Bar – $5.50 ($4.75)
    • Strawberry Fruit Bar – $5.25 ($4.50)
    • Mickey Pretzel – $7.00 ($6.00)
    • Churro – $6.25 ($4.50)
Laughing :).

THIS is why my DW and I have a GREAT WDW Hotel Breakfast, Grab a Coke in the parks around noon, then enjoy a GREAT SIG Dinner :).
ie - we don't bother with PARK "Corn Dog" fare :). Keeps us slim, and we avoid the inevitable "Park Price Spiral". Go ahead - BILL me $15.00 for two small cokes (go full tilt) :). That's all you are getting :).

WE will not be affected.... but I can't WAIT to see the escalation in DDP cost :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

It’s also to justify the increase in the dining plan every year. Can’t keep increasing that without the food prices increasing as well or it would never make sense to get it.

Wow I don't think I could ever justify getting a churro at Disney every again. At leas the pretzel has a little bit more substance to it. Goodbye churro at HS during Fantasmic.

I arrive tomorrow. Packed my Swell water bottle to fill with that free ice water they have. It will be all free water for us. Easy to pass on something bad for you with those prices.

And the snacks :lmao:yeah, not happening. We already cut back on the dining in the parks; less meals, seeking out good kids meals, splitting meals and we often pack lunch.

Honestly I'm waiting on them to ban food coming in like the other parks.

This definitely puts an advantage to the Dining plan

Probably most the point ... stay onsite and get the DDP and you won't have to pay these prices ..... only the chunk of change for the DDP but at least you don't have to think about it in the park.

I suspect you'll see even more people bringing in food from outside the park. Last trip, we saw a stroller loaded with a big cooler and so much food and snacks, there was barely room for the baby.

Couple weeks ago I laughed at an ALL ADULT family with one of those giant wagons (biting tongue) and it was filled with cooler, umbrellas, shopping bags, resort mugs, backpacks .... no kid and nothing that looked like kid stuff.

I just read that prices of items are going up at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival as well~ beverages and food.

I just saw that also and think it's ridiculous to increase the prices in the middle of the festival.

That is just plain wrong.

Last edited:
It makes that free glass of ice water that much more appealing now that a Diet Coke is virtually $4 (OK, $3.99-virtually $4). I wonder when Disney will start charging for that glass of ice water.

The masses, you me and rest will pay the price, we always do. May make some changes or cutbacks but we all have to be honest Disney knows people will pay.

I would say by the 50th if not sooner like when GE opens Free Water and outside food will be a thing of the past

Our local parks (i e Cedar Point ) don’t allow food into the parks. That is part of their bag check now. I can see Disney doing that. They do give free water in teeny tiny smaller than kids cup size. I can see Disney doing that too. I used to get the bigger 20-32oz size water at Disney. Now they give kids cups. We probably will go back in june for one more big trip before our AP expiration and then we will plan other trips. We love Disney and planning for Disney trips. Sadly for us the cost is overrunning the joy. The parks will continue to be full and the prices will continue to rise. We will take a few years break. My kid has an Oct 1 birthday and really wants to attend their 50th. Can’t imagine what that will cost us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter