• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SNA to Anaheim: What's the best option?

prgal0715

Disney Princess-in-Training
Taxi? Uber/Lyft? What do you all recommend as the best option traveling from John Wayne airport to Anaheim?

All 3 are good options. Once we landed at SNA I compared Uber/Lyft. Lyft was a bit cheaper so we went with that. We landed on a Thursday morning at 8 and there was no shortage of availability for either. I priced out the flat rate of a Yellow Cab before our trip, and it was approx. $40 so I kept that in mind if Uber or Lyft were price surging. Ultimately we paid $45-50 total with tip for our family of 4 in a Lyft XL. About a 20-25 minute ride.

Unless there is surge pricing Uber or Lyft will be the cheapest. We didn't have to wait long at all either. Lyft was what we took to Anaheim, and Uber back to SNA. (both were around $26 with tip)

I'd suggest looking it up when you get into SNA and waiting for your bags. See what the rates are and make your decision.
:)

We took Lyft last week - $23 on Friday from SNA to Hojo (9:30AM), $25 on Monday from HoJo to SNA (6:30 PM)

For our trip next month, we decided to rent a car for the day so we can pick up groceries on the way to the hotel. Price was about $90 for the day. We will drop it off in the evening near the hotel

I agree with you that taxis are a known entity. But for me that is a negative. They are known in a bad way. Stinky cabs, surly drivers, and in Las Vegas I have found many of them to be crooks by long hauling on trips from the airport. I prefer Lyft now as I trust them more.
Many drivers of legacy taxis would like to drive for Uber/Lyft, but are unable to pass the required background test, for one reason or another. In an Uber the driver has been screened, your exact position is monitored in real time, and you have an emergency button to press in the app if the worst comes to the worst. I am much more comfortable with my wife or daughters riding in Ubers than in legacy taxis.

Will ubers pick up from the Disneyland Hotel? Last time we went to DL we took an uber back and forth to SNA and it was quite easy, but we were staying on Harbor.

I agree with you that taxis are a known entity. But for me that is a negative. They are known in a bad way. Stinky cabs, surly drivers, and in Las Vegas I have found many of them to be crooks by long hauling on trips from the airport. I prefer Lyft now as I trust them more.

LOL. I'll take the cab company's background checks and vehicle inspections over Uber/Lyft's any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I know people who drive for Uber. Their safety checks are an absolute joke. There have been literally THOUSANDS of documented sexual assault claims filed with Uber, not to mention the killings and fatal accidents. I do not feel comfortable in a ride share when I'm alone. I have no issues taking a taxi, ever.

Many drivers of legacy taxis would like to drive for Uber/Lyft, but are unable to pass the required background test, for one reason or another. In an Uber the driver has been screened, your exact position is monitored in real time, and you have an emergency button to press in the app if the worst comes to the worst. I am much more comfortable with my wife or daughters riding in Ubers than in legacy taxis.

100% agree. For me it’s not the background checks but the idea that there is a real time record of the car I got in, the driver, my location, etc. I will choose Uber every time even if it’s a bit more.

In response to OP - there are cheap flat rates for taxis but you have to shop around between the companies I have heard. You can ask a taxi out front what the flat rate is and compare it to Uber and see what wins!

100% agree. For me it’s not the background checks but the idea that there is a real time record of the car I got in, the driver, my location, etc. I will choose Uber every time even if it’s a bit more.

In response to OP - there are cheap flat rates for taxis but you have to shop around between the companies I have heard. You can ask a taxi out front what the flat rate is and compare it to Uber and see what wins!

You can accomplish this with Google Location sharing. It's not that elusive.

YES!!!

I had a taxi driver in Vegas say he was going to take the “fast” way on the highway and I told him absolutely not. Your speed maybe faster, but it takes a lot longer. His response, “oh you’ve been here before.” :rolleyes:

A more pricey option, but something we found totally worth it was Lanskys.
The driver texted me ahead of time, was waiting in the terminal with a sign, clean vehicle, includes a 20minute grocery stop, and our last trip we still needed a car seat and they provided them.

our next trip we are going to go to Newport Beach after an early morning arrival so we will rent a car for a day. I'm looking forward to that as we will have flexibility in stopping at grocery without a time limit. There is a rental return at paradise pier and one on harbor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter