• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

smuggler's run: single rider vs LL

Yes! Very much!!

As a LL guest you will possibly be assigned Pilot or Gunner Engineer. As a single ruder you will almost always be a Gunner Engineer (3rd row) so just kinda along for the ride.

Last edited:
Chiming in as a serial single rider along with my other family members at times- we have been Engineers probably 99% of the time, and were also Engineer most times when using LL but as a single rider. The CM on one occasion was flat-out telling the single rider line that we would all be engineers. So, I would say that you should expect to be an engineer using the single rider line and whatever position you ask for if you are in the regular line, since then you can request the job you actually want to have :).

Chiming in as a serial single rider along with my other family members at times- we have been Engineers probably 99% of the time, and were also Engineer most times when using LL but as a single rider. The CM on one occasion was flat-out telling the single rider line that we would all be engineers. So, I would say that you should expect to be an engineer using the single rider line and whatever position you ask for if you are in the regular line, since then you can request the job you actually want to have :).
Which person sits in the 3rd row? That was the one I was thinking single riders are assigned to. Possibly I used the wrong name?

Which person sits in the 3rd row? That was the one I was thinking single riders are assigned to. Possibly I used the wrong name?

Thats the engineer.
Pilot
Gunner
Engineer

That's how the rows are set up. Person shooting the lasers needs to be closer to the pilot to get a good view.

But back to original question, it all depends. I single ridered the line once and me and the person behind me were both pilots because there wasn't anyone else in the regular line. It was a bit weird...only two of us on the ship.

Thats the engineer.
Pilot
Gunner
Engineer

That's how the rows are set up. Person shooting the lasers needs to be closer to the pilot to get a good view.

But back to original question, it all depends. I single ridered the line once and me and the person behind me were both pilots because there wasn't anyone else in the regular line. It was a bit weird...only two of us on the ship.
Thanks, I updated my post to correct it.

In addition to likely being the Engineer, you skip the big waiting room with the ship having maintenance work being performed.

I have been either the gunner or engineer, equally in single rider, twice each, and once, randomly got to be a pilot. Family I was with , the mom wanted to move back and not be a pilot and asked to switch with me, I graciously agreed..

For my birthday last year, we were the Engineers while a family of 4 did the worst piloting job I've seen and my spouse on the first time we rode didn't know she had to steer. So worst than that. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter